View from the outside

Derbados

Just now, OohMartWright said:

But it is in their own hands, just as our fate is in ours. If either team wins all their games, they will go up regardless of what any other team does.

To be fair, they're correct, I forgot we had to play them. I just saw it as them being 2 points behind, and if Derby don't drop points there is no way they can catch us.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/02/2018 at 13:32, Phoenix said:

You can't really blame them for looking for positives. As for the sending off, they seemed evenly split between

a) a duff refereeing decision, influenced by a bullying Derby side, and

b) 'I've watched the replays, definite red'

Seemed critical of the stadium, the fans, the music etc, but I suppose we're all like that when we lose. By the way, when did we last lose?

I don't think you need to go as far the Brentford forum for that!

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

We could drop a few points IF we win our fixtures against Villa ,Cardiff and Fulham .

No, if we win those we wont drop any points :)

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

''Another important win today. The teams around us  will be winning most weeks, so can’t expect results to always go our way. 

This fellow pretty much nailed it.

There are so many games to play for, just have to concentrate on your own games.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

This fellow pretty much nailed it.

There are so many games to play for, just have to concentrate on your own games.

Absolutely. It's not close enough to the end of the season to really worry about anyone else, if we keep up our levels we'll certainly be in or around by the end of the year. If we don't keep winning our games, it's irrelevant how the other teams do.

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

We can claim still we can catch wovles.

If I was a betting person {which I'm not} I would not put money on anybody catching Wolves @B4ev6is; they would have to implode quite spectacularly. The thing about them also is they have a few Premier league standard players. I know we should never say never but our aim is firmly #2. I'm usually not confident when it comes to Derby County {given our historical proclivity to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory} but I think Gary Rowett has hypnotised Carson, Keogh and Davies. I'm now starting to wonder just when will we actually concede again. I hope I'm not bringing down a hoo doo but how tight we are is becoming our standout feature rather than how good our football is. And when teams do get a chance they have to beat Carson who is starting to look like one of the most standout keepers in a long time - yet we have had some great keepers too. At this point my mind's eye fills with images of Brum fans, and then Jim Bowen's face appears saying "cum n ave a luke what you cuda won!". :mellow:

13 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

We can claim still we can catch wovles.

Youre off your rocker!!!

Have you seen them recently?

They dont tend to drop points easily!

And they need to do a lot of that for anyone to catch them.

They need an average of less than 2 points a game for the rest of the season... let me know when the rest of the division starts taking points off them on a regular basis wont you?

In relative terms, Wolves need to turn into a Forest/Shef Wed/Barnsley formwise for the rest of the season for them to be caught

They are gonna coast it mate!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I bet they end up being the promoted team that struggles next season though. 

Wolves are going to turn into a shop window for European clubs, the super agent they have in seems to be buying big players from leagues such as Liga Nos and those players will probably get sold to the big European clubs in the summer. Good financial plan but will likely end up similar to Southampton as a selling club 

16 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Wolves are going to turn into a shop window for European clubs, the super agent they have in seems to be buying big players from leagues such as Liga Nos and those players will probably get sold to the big European clubs in the summer. Good financial plan but will likely end up similar to Southampton as a selling club 

Despite their relative struggles this season, I would take becoming the next Southampton any day. High quality Premier League football with some amazing players coming through. 

At least they make good profits on their transfers. Southampton would have let go of Hughes at the right time and got £20 million for him with sell on clauses.

They bought Van Dyke for about £14 million and sold him for £70+ million. We bought Jacob Butterfield for £5.5 million and will now have to let him go for nothing just to get him off the books, in all likelihood. 

We are learning and getting better with the addition of Rowett. Our transfer dealings this season have been light years ahead of the last few years - much more mature. We are no longer just throwing money at problems. 

1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Despite their relative struggles this season, I would take becoming the next Southampton any day. High quality Premier League football with some amazing players coming through. 

At least they make good profits on their transfers. Southampton would have let go of Hughes at the right time and got £20 million for him with sell on clauses.

They bought Van Dyke for about £14 million and sold him for £70+ million. We bought Jacob Butterfield for £5.5 million and will now have to let him go for nothing just to get him off the books, in all likelihood. 

We are learning and getting better with the addition of Rowett. Our transfer dealings this season have been light years ahead of the last few years - much more mature. We are no longer just throwing money at problems. 

Yeah I think that, but then we will probably be like all the other PL fans and after a season or two start expecting more and more.

1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

All depends on the quality you bring in. A good scouting system and a top academy determine that.

21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah I think that, but then we will probably be like all the other PL fans and after a season or two start expecting more and more.

A season or 2? I'd give it til Christmas and if we aren't in the top 4 champions league places there will be booing galore.

Archived