View from the outside

Derbados

5 hours ago, ossieram said:

Posted on page 52 of the thread, keep up.

Made me smile, said at one point about the red card “I’m not going to keep going on about it”

and mentioned it about every time he did another piece to his vlog ?

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Made me smile, said at one point about the red card “I’m not going to keep going on about it”

and mentioned it about every time he did another piece to his vlog ?

Went from a good challenge, to winning the ball, to yellow at worst, to maybe a bit reckless. But still never a red :)

Didnt think it was that bad to be honest though, just passionate about his team.

26 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Went from a good challenge, to winning the ball, to yellow at worst, to maybe a bit reckless. But still never a red :)

Didnt think it was that bad to be honest though, just passionate about his team.

He might be passionate about his team, but diving in with one foot in the air and studs showing is a reckless challenge that has been quite rightly outlawed. It could have ended Ollson's career, luckily he saw it coming and jumped out the way lessening the impact. But if Ollson's foot had been planted on the floor it would have done some serious damage.

I think its interesting that opposition fans are not realising our style of play just as some of us Derby fans weren't earlier in the season. Brentford fans were/are convinced that they were on top second half and likely to score. In reality they had a couple of sniffs but that's about it. Its very reassuring to know that once we go even one ahead the opposition have a big problem. If they push on to equalise they are more likely going to concede again. If they continue as they start which is often just probing, our defence is nigh on impregnable. 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think its interesting that opposition fans are not realising our style of play just as some of us Derby fans weren't earlier in the season. Brentford fans were/are convinced that they were on top second half and likely to score. In reality they had a couple of sniffs but that's about it. Its very reassuring to know that one we go even one ahead the opposition have a big problem. If they push on to equalise they are more likely going to concede again. If they continue as they start which is often just probing our defence is nigh on impregnable. 

Too right. How nice is it to feel confident about the defence, the days where you could see a goal being conceded long before it happened and being nervy in the last minutes of a game. All good teams are built on a solid defence and that is exactly what we have now. Long may it continue.

51 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Too right. How nice is it to feel confident about the defence, the days where you could see a goal being conceded long before it happened and being nervy in the last minutes of a game. All good teams are built on a solid defence and that is exactly what we have now. Long may it continue.

I love this. So many teams must walk away from a match thinking, ‘but we battered them. How did we loose?’

it nevervseems to occur tobthem that that’s the whole point, it’s a rope-a-dope. 

Knock it around the edge of our area as much as you want, you’re not really hurting us. Then we’ll knock you out with a quick 1-2-uppercut. 

We keep winning 3-0. I keep saying, that’s not a lucky snatch and grab, that’s a game plan go very much according to plan. 

So many teams must think ‘but it’s so unfair, we had so much possession, we were all over them, we should’ve won, they didn’t deserve that penalty at the end.’

I think it’s great if we can leave a few away fans crying. 

16 hours ago, ossieram said:

Using my considerable translating skills: At half time there was this geezer spouting about a foul that got one of our players sent off. I said the refs a joke.

Or the bloke could just be a complete twonk speaking jibberish.

He sounds like a bit of a "no thank you" in German to me.

Anyone know how the Villa took to sat results and their own performance?

Had expected both of us to win but thought Villa would be disappointed not to have reduced their goal difference against us,as this could come close to the wire at the seasons end. Playing at home against Burton would have thought they would be looking at winning by a bigger margin than 1 goal, and must be seen as a disappointment by their fans. Well done to Burton for having a go.

5 hours ago, curb said:

He might be passionate about his team, but diving in with one foot in the air and studs showing is a reckless challenge that has been quite rightly outlawed. It could have ended Ollson's career, luckily he saw it coming and jumped out the way lessening the impact. But if Ollson's foot had been planted on the floor it would have done some serious damage.

Sorry meant I didnt think the lads Vlog was too bad.

59 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Had expected both of us to win but thought Villa would be disappointed not to have reduced their goal difference against us,as this could come close to the wire at the seasons end. Playing at home against Burton would have thought they would be looking at winning by a bigger margin than 1 goal, and must be seen as a disappointment by their fans. Well done to Burton for having a go.

Aye they will be disappointed to not have improved their goal difference or matched our result. Suppose you have to think with teams like Burton too that they are fighting for their lives now so will try and be more solid away from home. Took us a while to break them down at ours but the important thing is they will view it as three points and keeping the pressure by staying a point behind is.

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I love this. So many teams must walk away from a match thinking, ‘but we battered them. How did we loose?’

it nevervseems to occur tobthem that that’s the whole point, it’s a rope-a-dope. 

Knock it around the edge of our area as much as you want, you’re not really hurting us. Then we’ll knock you out with a quick 1-2-uppercut. 

We keep winning 3-0. I keep saying, that’s not a lucky snatch and grab, that’s a game plan go very much according to plan. 

So many teams must think ‘but it’s so unfair, we had so much possession, we were all over them, we should’ve won, they didn’t deserve that penalty at the end.’

I think it’s great if we can leave a few away fans crying. 

Ah remember when that was us, creaming and moaning about not having a plan B??  Possession is overrated, and is going out of fashion.  Gimme some Klopp-lite gengenpressing every time!!!

3 hours ago, ram1964 said:

From Villa Talk

''I had a look at Derby's remaining fixtures last night. I reckon they will get another 31 points. To do them, we will need 33 to avoid GD. 10 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats or, 9 wins, 6 draws, 1 defeat. Can't see the latter so think we need to win 10 and avoid defeats against Derby, Cardiff and Fulham and that should be enough. ''

''Yep - unless we get lucky those games against Derby, Cardiff and Fulham are key. I think we'll take 4 points from those games, losing to Fulham.''

''Brentford annoy me. They raise their game against us then when they play one of our rivals they implode like losers.''

''Teams just seem to raise their game against us even burton didn't crumble like they did against Fulham. It's annoying but when you grind out results I feel makes you a better side. ''

''Another important win today. The teams around us  will be winning most weeks, so can’t expect results to always go our way. 

We just need to continue taking care of our business. We’ve opened a nice gap on 7th place, but 2nd and Derby is the target. 

It is in our own hands, and I just hope we can continue to ride this wave for the remaining 16 games. '' Not sure they know what ''in our own hands means tbh.

''Only three teams I'm worried about Derby, Cardiff and Fulham. Both Fulham and Cardiff have tough runs. Derby have a relatively easy run in. ''

''I'm sick of these Brentford ********* absolute kryptonite to us! ''

Villa fans on that thread don't seem to be getting carried away, seem quite similar to how we do, hoping they can do it but not expecting anything either, a realistic view point for both clubs to have. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

From Villa Talk

''Brentford annoy me. They raise their game against us then when they play one of our rivals they implode like losers.''

''Teams just seem to raise their game against us even burton didn't crumble like they did against Fulham. It's annoying but when you grind out results I feel makes you a better side. ''

Grrrr, I hate how Bristol City raised their game against us twice and just imploded against Villa to let them win 5-0. The whole league is against us I tell you! 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Grrrr, I hate how Bristol City raised their game against us twice and just imploded against Villa to let them win 5-0. The whole league is against us I tell you! 

Yeah. I had a laugh at that statement, quite ridiculous! Maybe cos they're ''massive'' all the teams want to play against the mighty Villa more than lowly Derby :lol:.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It is in our own hands, and I just hope we can continue to ride this wave for the remaining 16 games. '' Not sure they know what ''in our own hands means tbh.

But it is in their own hands, just as our fate is in ours. If either team wins all their games, they will go up regardless of what any other team does.

Archived