View from the outside

Derbados

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I saw a strange one.

"At cow and calf time there was this lemon squeezer Brussel sprouting about a bathroom towel that got one of our players sent off. I said the refs a rum and coke".

Whatever that's all about.

Shouting about a foul?

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi
14 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I saw a strange one.

"At cow and calf time there was this lemon squeezer Brussel sprouting about a bathroom towel that got one of our players sent off. I said the refs a rum and coke".

At half time there was this geezer spouting about a foul that got one of our players sent off. I said the ref's a joke.

Come on lads, were not that insular in Derbyshire that we can't work out a bit of rhyming slang are we? We have to scratch our heads over B4s posts every day! A bit of southern should be simple at this point.

37 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

At half time there was this geezer spouting about a foul that got one of our players sent off. I said the ref's a joke.

Come on lads, were not that insular in Derbyshire that we can't work out a bit of rhyming slang are we? We have to scratch our heads over B4s posts every day! A bit of southern should be simple at this point.

Just add lemonade.

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

The standing terrace away end is brilliant- I was there for the 3-1 comeback under Wassall and that has to go down as one of the best away days I’ve been to.

I was there for that. Really friendly ladies as stewards and a nice retro "hole in the wall " for pies and bovril. 

That low ceiling above the away terrace meant that we could generate some good noise :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

We need Derbyshire rhymeless slang to confuse the foreigners,

Summat like:

Plates of meat = Sunday dinner

Apples and pears = Bowl of fruit

Frog and toad = Aquatic wildlife

That sort of thing should throw 'em.

Boat race = quite dull upper class annual sporting event :lol:

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I saw a strange one.

Using my considerable translating skills: At half time there was this geezer spouting about a foul that got one of our players sent off. I said the refs a joke.

Or the bloke could just be a complete twonk speaking jibberish.

27 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Boat race = quite dull upper class annual sporting event :lol:

Loaf of bread = Thing you make sandwiches from

Ruby Murray = Collection of old gramophone records

Baker's Dozen = Thirteen

Pat and Mick = Two thirds of the tree fellers.

I'm bored now.

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Dont think they will appeal, and even the player has apologised for it on twitter saying he will learn from it, so even he must think it was a red.

Thanks for that  Its unusual for our players to react like they did so I thought it must be bad 

Archived