View from the outside

Derbados

Ha right...ollssen just couldn't wait to go down. What idiots, like their manager more moaning about the reaction of our players like his would stand and applaud.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Ha right...ollssen just couldn't wait to go down. What idiots, like their manager more moaning about the reaction of our players like his would stand and applaud.

That annoyed me, that was really clutching at straws for an excuse. The only players that really made a fuss were the ones that were right on the spot. It was a bad challenge, no arguments, some days it would be a strong yellow, some days a red, but I don’t think our players did anything unexpected in their reaction, it could’ve been a leg breaker. 

10 men or not, we beat them 3-0. Yet again, that’s pretty conclusive, whatever you want to say about the way we played. It worked, and it worked 3 times during the 90 mins, it wasn’t a snatch and grab. 

1 minute ago, rustylee said:

i Had a bit of a read this morning a lot being made about them being the better team second half when in reality the game was won and Derby were seeing it through in second gear.

I walked back to the car, chatting with a group of Brentford lads. They all said the same about being the better side 2 nd half. I did try to point out, we had stopped bothering as soon as the 2 nd goal went in. They didn’t have any complaints about the sending off though 

1 minute ago, rustylee said:

i Had a bit of a read this morning a lot being made about them being the better team second half when in reality the game was won and Derby were seeing it through in second gear.

You can't really blame them for looking for positives. As for the sending off, they seemed evenly split between

a) a duff refereeing decision, influenced by a bullying Derby side, and

b) 'I've watched the replays, definite red'

Seemed critical of the stadium, the fans, the music etc, but I suppose we're all like that when we lose. By the way, when did we last lose?

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

You can't really blame them for looking for positives. As for the sending off, they seemed evenly split between

a) a duff refereeing decision, influenced by a bullying Derby side, and

b) 'I've watched the replays, definite red'

Seemed critical of the stadium, the fans, the music etc, but I suppose we're all like that when we lose. By the way, when did we last lose?

It is rather rich of them to criticise Pride Park when they play in one of the worst stadiums in the league!

It seemed as though we'd been told not to chase more goals, the game was won, just see it out.

i understand it but wouldn't it be great to get a 4 or 5 nil.

24 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It is rather rich of them to criticise Pride Park when they play in one of the worst stadiums in the league!

It's got a pub on each corner. Griffin Park is my favourite away ground.

5 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

"Watkins didn't get a sniff against their experienced defenders - i'm sure Keogh has stole a living - how he still plays is beyond me, proper old school defender who in my opinion is ****."

LOLZ

By old school, I presume he means the Barcelona academy?

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

Some interesting comments

Derby will do well in the Premiership if they get there (hopefully not) ... players conning referees and going down at any opportunity.

Their fans were giving it ever so large throughout. Was quite sadly comical at times.

You need a strong ref with Derby, Keogh and the clowns do all they can to get him on board, scream about every little challenge and go radio rental at anything they can see that might lead to a red card

Also agreed whole-heartedly about Pride Park being a lesson in what not to do when we get to Lionel Road

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129369

Let's all go radio rental ?

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Let's all go radio rental ?

It was just missing a couple of "leave it aaht"s and a "you wankah" and it would have been perfect.

24 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

"Watkins didn't get a sniff against their experienced defenders - i'm sure Keogh has stole a living - how he still plays is beyond me, proper old school defender who in my opinion is ****."

LOLZ

There are a few on here who agree with that, though they seem to have gone a bit quiet of late.

Archived