Callum McManaman - Signed for Sunderland

Sexydadbod

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say no to this. Russell Vydra Lawrence and weimann  3 of which will always be on the pitch in a 4231. That's a high work rate 2 -3 times a week. I'd like another wide player and he fits the bill. There are others aswell like Kent that I'd prefer but he's a good player in the championship 

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I wouldn't say no to this. Russell Vydra Lawrence and weimann  3 of which will always be on the pitch in a 4231. That's a high work rate 2 -3 times a week. I'd like another wide player and he fits the bill. There are others aswell like Kent that I'd prefer but he's a good player in the championship 

Throw Martin and Nugent into this mix and you'd say that we have 7 players for 4 positions. In a league like this you probably want two player for every attacking position, I'd imagine this is where the the links for Gallagher and McManaman come from as we can't expect them all to be 100% all season fitness and formwise

He's clearly not in West Brom's plans, plus he has really struggled to recapture his early form in recent years. He hasn't appeared in their matchday squad for over a year now, so he's clearly in the wilderness. 

Saying that, he was an excellent player some years ago and would be a gamble worth taking if the stakes are low, including wages. Wednesday fans actually liked him, despite the lack of goals/assists. 

Makes a change for our recruitment, not wanting to buy a player based on a burst of recent good form, but going for someone with a lot to prove and not getting a chance, but who was one of the most exciting young players in the Prem when he came on the scene.

West Brom clearly aren't going to play him, so all he is to them is a drain on their wages. No way should we be paying a lot of money in an immediate transfer. If they're truly insisting on 2 million then take him on loan with that as the pre-negotiated fee to buy if he's done well at the end of the season. Or take him off their hands now for a nominal fee to free up their wages.

I'd be delighted if we signed him on either basis, but think it's a risk for Mel to spend big on him. But it's Mel's money not mine...

Archived