Chance encounters with famous people

Chester40

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stood next to Sam Wanamaker the film director at heathrow airport in 1981going to New York. I saw Craig rammage in the Westfield a couple of months ago shopping and was behind Roy macfarland in the checkout queue at M&S food shop at kingsway last year, he bought quite a lot of wine 

19 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Stood at the same clubhouse bar as the late, great Seve Ballasteros. Got his autograph on one of the old £1 notes - seemed to be a lot shorter than I expected.

Strange.

pound notes were generally all the same length

22 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Roy Wood from Wizzard is a regular in the White Hart, Utch.

He never tires of people asking him if he still wishes it could be christmas every dayyyyyyyy :blink:

He lives on the 515 Utch between Sudbury and Ashbourne. The house used to be The Howard Arms. 

40 minutes ago, sage said:

Forgot...

Sat next to Chrissie Hynde and Jim Kerr at a Prince concert.

Been on same plane as Lenny Henry, Hugh Grant and Jose Olazabal. Not the same flight. 

I'm not sure I understand. Did you sit between them like a big gooseberry? Or were they like my kids at the cinema - both wanted to sit next to you?

9 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm not sure I understand. Did you sit between them like a big gooseberry? Or were they like my kids at the cinema - both wanted to sit next to you?

Ok. I was sat next to Jim Kerr and one seat along was Chrissie Hynde. I considered asking Jim to swap seats but thought better of it. 

10 minutes ago, sage said:

Ok. I was sat next to Jim Kerr and one seat along was Chrissie Hynde. I considered asking Jim to swap seats but thought better of it. 

Well you " didn't forget about him" Sage...and you are both still Alive and Kickin... ( yeah yeah...I'm getting my coat). 

PistoldPete2
17 minutes ago, sage said:

Are they still an item? Or were you the gooseberry who split them up?

My cousin is married to someone off the tele. A presenter off sky sports.

they live in a different world. Currently on holiday on richard bransons private island.

zara phillips is a friend and all that.

can't say i really like them tbh.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Morrissey in a pub in Camden. 

You might think he is a billy-no-mates who sits on his own at the end of the bar. 

And you'd be dead right. 

I saw Neil morrisey on the tube . I called him Bob and he laughed . 

On 19/08/2017 at 12:41, Wolfie20 said:

Stood at the same clubhouse bar as the late, great Seve Ballasteros. Got his autograph on one of the old £1 notes - seemed to be a lot shorter than I expected.

Green with envy at that one. You'll have to go a fairway to beat that one. Seriously though, I am envious of that encounter. Absolute legend of the golf world. 

On 19/08/2017 at 06:25, Chester40 said:

I enjoy hearing about people's impressions of 'famous' people they bump into/meet at random places.  Anyone got any they wish to share....good, bad, indifferent. ??

I actually literally bumped into Kris Commons on Tues. He was in the audience leaving the filming of TVs Ninja Warrior. He was with the kids and a distinctly 'normal' looking wife who was nagging him and telling him to get a picture of her and the kids. Gets 8/10 for being an average joe!

Only just noticed this,prepared to be bored later,when I've finished work.

Archived