Chance encounters with famous people

Chester40

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Was in a pub in Belfast and Alex Higgins was at the bar knocking them back like they were going out of fashion. Not long before he died, observed several people going up and buying him a drink...no doubt very proud of themselves.

A couple of years ago bumped into Ed Sheeran at JFK airport, the day after he'd performed at the 4th of July celebration. On the same trip saw Kim Kadashian, Kanye West and family at a SoHo restaurant in New York.

Years ago stood next to Paul Green at the bar of the Wragley Boat Stop, as we both waited to order food

Many tears ago I was in LA and working for a very large Airline and was invited to the opening of Planet Hollywood, ended up sat at the bar talking to Stallone and Arnie asking them what was the actual trurth about the 'rivalry', their response was 'it's sells films', very bizarre as everyone was known to the outside world, bar the staff, who are probably famous now, bar me and a few other execs from the airline and the Los Angeles CVB.

Gino D'acampo in Sandbatch services at 3 in the morning. We were the only ones in there other than staff... he got his maccys and sat on the next table. Top bloke, chatted away after he'd been driving up from early morning filming in London said he hadn't slept for 24 hours. 

Wasnt driving anything flash.

Ronnie Webster took our class for PE for 6 months as his lad was in my year in 1977. Told my teacher what a good little player i was. No wonder he never tried management.

Through cricket chatted to Bumble, Ian Botham, Atherton and been bought a drink by Ian Bell.

Met Mel, Clement, Bryson and Martin at Moor Farm.

I went out with a Sheffield lass who previously went out with Jarvis Cocker and had a few dates with another Sheffield woman who had played for England Women a couple of times. 

Danced with Ranking Roger's wife at a Beat gig and wondered why he was smiling and winking encouragement then saw them at the interval.

Spent an afternoon with Dame Kelly Holmes at the school I taught at introducing her to sports leaders and she raced our relay team (she won). This was 18 months after she won double gold. Our Head forgot she was coming and I was the only person free all afternoon. Only got an hour's notice.

Sat behind Roger Davies away at Barnsley and he was too tall to sit in the seat, Would have preferred Archie, I told him that.

Been in the audience for speeches by Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

I have been in Boycie's mancave

Just thought of another, went to see Reel Big Fish at a concert at Leeds Uni a few years ago, went into the barge pub over the road after and Reel Big Fish and all the supporting bands came in and had a chat with them.

I watched an England match once in the fishpond at matlock bath with Gary Charles. He sat with me and my Forest fan mate all night drinking. Showed us his scars from all his ops and told us loads of stories about his times with Brian Clough.

I also met Ian Brown dealing with his baby buggy on the Scillies - and Billie Piper in Camden. Although for these two 'met' is a strong word. But I'm sticking with it.

Archived