Bristol City (A) Tickets

Day

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you don't mind a Bristol City fan coming on your board with some local info.
Buy your tickets in advance,as the last two games against Barnsley and Aston Villa
have been NO PAY ON THE DAY for away fans.
Coming by road
Do NOT USE M5 M4 M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
YOU WILL GET LOST

If you are coming by road use M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but its quicker.Parking is normally in the streets around the area
as long as you are there by 1pm.

If you are coming by train there is a local train service to PARSON STREET
at 12:25 13:25 13:56 and 14:25
Good train times as most trains from the North arrive at quarter to the hour or quarter past the hour
it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and walk the rest of the way
You will pass Sainsburys on the left with restaurant
Robins pub again on the left
When you approach the ground I suggest you walk past wickes using the paement
as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies
Please make sure you get your train ticket showing PARSON STREET
We are trying to promote PARSON STREET for football fans
till Ashton gate halt comes on line
If there are at least three of you get a taxi
Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end
or use the brown buses from the bottom of the incline of the station.
Which depart approx 13:55pm with returns just after the match finishes
On the return home the trains leave at 17:30pm and I think you will struggle to get back to Bristol Temple meads for 17:30pm
Casualty and Hobly City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both crap
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City
(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Bring yer camera and turn up early if you wanna take any photo's
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.
BBC Radio station is radio bristol which has frequenceys and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm)
and the match commentary it will be on BBC radio bristol DAB
If you want or need any further local info please don't be afraid to ask.

2 hours ago, infoman said:

Hope you don't mind a Bristol City fan coming on your board with some local info.
Buy your tickets in advance,as the last two games against Barnsley and Aston Villa
have been NO PAY ON THE DAY for away fans.
Coming by road
Do NOT USE M5 M4 M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
YOU WILL GET LOST

If you are coming by road use M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
It looks the long way round but its quicker.Parking is normally in the streets around the area
as long as you are there by 1pm.

If you are coming by train there is a local train service to PARSON STREET
at 12:25 13:25 13:56 and 14:25
Good train times as most trains from the North arrive at quarter to the hour or quarter past the hour
it takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and walk the rest of the way
You will pass Sainsburys on the left with restaurant
Robins pub again on the left
When you approach the ground I suggest you walk past wickes using the paement
as the concourse area behind the big new stand gets very congested with bodies
Please make sure you get your train ticket showing PARSON STREET
We are trying to promote PARSON STREET for football fans
till Ashton gate halt comes on line
If there are at least three of you get a taxi
Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end
or use the brown buses from the bottom of the incline of the station.
Which depart approx 13:55pm with returns just after the match finishes
On the return home the trains leave at 17:30pm and I think you will struggle to get back to Bristol Temple meads for 17:30pm
Casualty and Hobly City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both crap
The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City
(actually its Bishopston)
Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
Bring yer camera and turn up early if you wanna take any photo's
Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
Buy your match day programme before you enter the away end.
BBC Radio station is radio bristol which has frequenceys and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm)
and the match commentary it will be on BBC radio bristol DAB
If you want or need any further local info please don't be afraid to ask.

Should I be writing this down?

Thanks @infoman. Always good to hear from someone who actually knows ,rather than the guesses that most of us make!

i live in Thornbury and previously have used the train from Parkway which is closed at the moment, so I've decided to do it by bus. May take longer but at least it's free for we oldies!

Live in Shaftesbury, so train from Warminster to Temple Meads. Few beers on train. Walk to the ground to meet my Uncle and Cousin (BCFC Season ticket holders) and then a few beers at the ground with them. 5-0 victory and some celebratory drinks before returning to good old Dorset!! Job done :thumbsup: 

On 15/09/2017 at 15:57, B4ev6is said:

Look i get lost easy and dont have great sence of direction at all. But i am going to brentford with my dad

good job you didnt go, but try a smartphone app if you u get lost.

Archived