RamsTV via Fire Stick?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, jono said:

Does anyone know when and how the codes/passes come through if you have opted for option 3 ? 

I want to "practice" for Saturday. I've got an HDMI adaptor for my ipad to the TV so am thinking it will work that way ?

You get the codes via email. You can log into RamsTV now and watch free content, it is the same username and password as the official site. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/06/2020 at 16:55, richinspain said:

It doesn't work. They have blocked casting to a tv. It has to be via a cable. You can watch under 18s, under 23s and prerecorded stuff, but 1st team games you can't.

Wonder how they do that then? If I'm casting my Win10 desktop to the Smart TV, how does it know what's the desktop?

On 18/06/2020 at 14:51, SchtivePesley said:

Ah OK - well I'll try on Saturday and report back. (with HDMI cable handy just in case it doesn't work - like you say)

You can cast the tab/screen via Chrome (mirroring), but you can’t cast the player. You should always succeed with a HDMI cable, but my preference is accessing the internet via smart TV directly. It’s a bit more ‘clunky’ but I find the image and reliability to be better than other options. 

17 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You can cast the tab/screen via Chrome (mirroring), but you can’t cast the player. You should always succeed with a HDMI cable, but my preference is accessing the internet via smart TV directly. It’s a bit more ‘clunky’ but I find the image and reliability to be better than other options. 

The casting of the screen worked absolutely fine, put the web player in full screen mode and bob was my uncle

On 18/08/2017 at 11:14, RoyMac5 said:

I've been thinking about a way to watch the RamsTV videos and live streams on our HDTV but am not sure of the best way to go about it. Not got much knowledge of 'media streaming' so, would a Fire Stick stream the live matches?

You could download Firefox browser for the firestick. I used that on Saturday.

Hi

I posted a link earlier showing how to install an app from your phone to the TV. 

Having just watched the video, I realised that it is a different method to what I was referring to. Whilst the earlier link does work, I thought it was unnecessarily clunky and maybe a bit too involved. 

Here is a far more easier method. Just make sure you have Rams TV installed on your phone. No need to log on as you will need to log in once installed on your Firestick. 

The above will work for any app installed on your Android phone. There maybe some compatability issues as some apps are specifically designed for phones. Ram's TV works perfectly though. No more fiddling with wires and laptops! ?

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else had issues with the picture quality through a firestick?

I was watching the Sheffield United game through Firefox and pre-match everything looked like HD but during the match it didn’t look HD at all. I couldn’t see an option to alter the resolution on the site but I have seen the option on the laptop though (when I had to watch Cardiff A on it) so I’m not sure why it’s not an option through the firestick.

Archived