RamsTV via Fire Stick?

RoyMac5

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I,m now mega cautious about what I buy off eBay - I,d probably end up with a fake that spontaneously combusted and burnt the house down!! ???

Agree, recently bought a couple of sandisk SD cards off there. Tried to copy some films on and they wouldn't play. Ran a utility off the web on both and they were both fake with only about 20% of the advertised capacity. Got my money back but apparently its common as most people see they are working and don't find out for ages they aren't right as it usually takes a while to fill them up.

• 9 months later...
16 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@RoyMac5 just put the Firefox App on your Firestick which gives you Google. Simplicity is Genius!

I've tried it but trouble is we've a 'poor' broadband connection, so whilst it can be done in reality it falls over too often to be watchable. Ta though.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this has been resolved or there is another thread covering this. But on your firestick there is a nee mirroring app, which allows you to link your phone directly to your tv. 

Simply press and hold the home button on your firestick then select mirroring. Then on your phone pull down the menu from the top of the screen and select smart view. Wait for the fire tv link to open up and select it. Everything you see on your phone will display on your tv. Good resolution as well. 

Apparently doesnt work will all phones. Worth a go

4 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Not sure if this has been resolved or there is another thread covering this. But on your firestick there is a nee mirroring app, which allows you to link your phone directly to your tv. 

Ta. I gave the Firestick to my brother as I couldn't be bothered and then we got a new smart tv.

But just tried the mirroring - got a Huawei phone - an app called MirrorShare. Works on RTV with old videos but I bet it won't with live broadcasts. Ta though for the reminder.

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ta. I gave the Firestick to my brother as I couldn't be bothered and then we got a new smart tv.

But just tried the mirroring - got a Huawei phone - an app called MirrorShare. Works on RTV with old videos but I bet it won't with live broadcasts. Ta though for the reminder.

Mirror screening live games is blocked. It's only possible via an inbuilt search engine or a cable.

• 4 weeks later...

You can install any app you have on your phone on to the Firestick - Ram 's TV included. 

If its your 1st time, it may take a little time to get the hang of it.. But be patient, it really is straightforward and ultimately worthwhile. 

Good luck 

Can live games be viewed via a Smart TV? I don’t have one at the moment but will buy one If it is possible to do so. I have a laptop / hdmi cable but would prefer to watch directly via tv. The info on the Rams TV website states it is not possible but fans on Twitter saying it is through internet search. 

2 hours ago, Ramaway said:

Can live games be viewed via a Smart TV? I don’t have one at the moment but will buy one If it is possible to do so. I have a laptop / hdmi cable but would prefer to watch directly via tv. The info on the Rams TV website states it is not possible but fans on Twitter saying it is through internet search. 

If you have a Web browser on the TV itself you might be able to watch it through that. I guess it's not fully supported by Derby hence why they say it doesn't work. 

22 hours ago, Ramaway said:

You can use the browser on the smart TV but these are mostly like trying to cook toast with a lighter. HDMI into the TV from your laptop will provide the best quality/experience.

16 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

You can use the browser on the smart TV but these are mostly like trying to cook toast with a lighter. HDMI into the TV from your laptop will provide the best quality/experience.

Also it depends on the TV. The encryption software used may not be compatible with some models, particularly older ones. A Kodi plugin would be nice though Mel.

36 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Easiest thing would be a chrome cast or similar, can cast from PC or phone on network to TV

It doesn't work. They have blocked casting to a tv. It has to be via a cable. You can watch under 18s, under 23s and prerecorded stuff, but 1st team games you can't.

46 minutes ago, richinspain said:

It doesn't work. They have blocked casting to a tv. It has to be via a cable. You can watch under 18s, under 23s and prerecorded stuff, but 1st team games you can't.

Huh, interesting. Didnt know that, wonder why that is?

5 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Huh, interesting. Didnt know that, wonder why that is?

Well, I can't imagine for one minute that it has anything to do with multi-million pound deals and broadcasting rights, so it's certainly got me flummoxed!    ?‍♂️

Does anyone know when and how the codes/passes come through if you have opted for option 3 ? 

I want to "practice" for Saturday. I've got an HDMI adaptor for my ipad to the TV so am thinking it will work that way ?

Archived