RamsTV via Fire Stick?

RoyMac5

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've been thinking about a way to watch the RamsTV videos and live streams on our HDTV but am not sure of the best way to go about it. Not got much knowledge of 'media streaming' so, would a Fire Stick stream the live matches?

HDMI cable from laptop to TV is probably the easiest way.

I've also done it via chromecast from the chrome browser on laptop too.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've been thinking about a way to watch the RamsTV videos and live streams on our HDTV but am not sure of the best way to go about it. Not got much knowledge of 'media streaming' so, would a Fire Stick stream the live matches?

I have loaded chrome onto my firestick but have found it difficult to load up RsmsTV. If there was an app you could load onto the firestick it would be great.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

HDMI cable from laptop to TV is probably the easiest way.

I've also done it via chromecast from the chrome browser on laptop too.

Have done it via the laptop/cable method. But it's annoying not to be able to use the laptop, the cable is in the way and (most importantly) I wonder about the quality of the picture? Does the stream quality that is being cast depend on the quality of your laptop's video card?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have done it via the laptop/cable method. But it's annoying not to be able to use the laptop, the cable is in the way and (most importantly) I wonder about the quality of the picture? Does the stream quality that is being cast depend on the quality of your laptop's video card?

Quality isn't really that big a deal, it's in standard see so a high end graphics card would be wasted.

You could plug the tv into the laptop and use it as s second monitor and stream the game from that one, leaving the laptop screen available for standard use. Might not be practical depending how long the HDMI cable is etc.

Could you stream from a mobile phone and cast it to the TV if they are both on your wifi network? Older TV sets of course won't be able to do this.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not sure on that, how old is your laptop?! If it has a HDMI socket, I'd imagine it wouldn't.

Unfortunately, the video player RamsTV uses does allow it to be chromecast direct from your phone, but you can do it using the chrome web browser on a laptop.

Can't advise on Firestick as I don't have one.

22 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I have loaded chrome onto my firestick but have found it difficult to load up RamsTV. If there was an app you could load onto the firestick it would be great.

Is that the Fire Stick mk2, the newer one? Is there a reason it's difficult to load - I've never used one so I'm not sure what it is I'm asking, lol!

when you connect the TV via HDMI, right-click to find screen resolution, and if there is a picture of a screen with a 1&2 inside it, it is set to duplicate, there is a dropdown menu below (multiple display), select "extend.." and then the TV will become a second screen, whereby you can drag the Ramplayer either left or right (depending on setting) to the TV screen.

I had a 10m HDMI cable for this, but I can now mirror to a smart TV.

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

when you connect the TV via HDMI, right-click to find screen resolution, and if there is a picture of a screen with a 1&2 inside it, it is set to duplicate, there is a dropdown menu below (multiple display), select "extend.." and then the TV will become a second screen, whereby you can drag the Ramplayer either left or right (depending on setting) to the TV screen.

I had a 10m HDMI cable for this, but I can now mirror to a smart TV.

Ah, so I can use the laptop as screen 1 and the RTV as screen 2? I might give that a go in a minute.

Our tv isn't smart but it has a spare hdmi input.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is that the Fire Stick mk2, the newer one? Is there a reason it's difficult to load - I've never used one so I'm not sure what it is I'm asking, lol!

It might be me but I have trouble in putting the Web address. I haven't tried too hard. I might have a go tonight. 

2 hours ago, Moist One said:

Tried this just now and it works. Confuses me but it works, ta!

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Roy,to be honest,it was such a faff using  fire stick that I sent it back to amazon and bought a Google chromecast instead....the quality of picture is so much better and its mega easy to use.plus it's £10 cheaper.

Thanks Kash, I think I missed the offer on Chromecast at Argos/Curry's recently, but I might check it out again. :)

Archived