Love or hate cyclists?

Boycie

Cyclists  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think I stumbled on a topic on the other thread.

it was because of the use of the cycle track down by pride park next to the river. 

But, do you have problems with cyclists using the road when you're driving or enjoy using your cycle instead of the car?

3 falls or submission, no gouging.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When passing my test 3 Years ago.. I remember having to give a Large  amount of space when overtaking and take pot holes into consideration (Cyclists don't fly over these they have to try and avoid them). Think most people need to re-do there tests!

Also when opening your Door please check your mirrors >.<! (You've started something here Boycie)

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Riding side by side or more winds me up.

no consideration for cars behind.

I like cycling, well mountain biking to be more accurate, and I used to commute to work regularly when I worked on Pride Park, but I have a beef with the lycra brigade.  On a Sunday morning loads of them use a nearby B road to do time trials, holding up traffic no end whilst they practice slip streaming each other.  

As for d******** you see on dual carriageways, they deserve any injury that comes top them.  Suicidal behavior!!!

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

No issue unless they break the rules and ride banned bikes and kill people.

I assume you're referring to that muppet who ran into a woman in London, and then tried to make out that her dying had nothing to do with the fact he was riding a bike with the front brakes illegally removed???  If so, I hope he goes down for it...

It is said that air pollution kills 40,000 people a year in the UK. While it's impossible to be have complete confidence in such an estimate, it does seem to represent the best guess of the relevant experts.

Imagine, the public outcry if terrorists were killing 40,000 people a year in the UK? 

Not only that but there is also cars contribution to global warming to be considered. Cyclists are not polluting the atmosphere to the detriment of our health,nor are they ruining the climate.

Until electric cars take over completely, the more cyclists the better, especially in urban areas.

Funnily enough I had some work nonsense on last night and was running really late for the game, so I cycled to Pride Park, up the river footpath from town. At that time 19:35-19:45 it wasn't especially busy and most people were fine as I slowed right down and politely asked to be let through, but there were a few idiots who thought angrily shouting "use your bell" at me was appropriate.

I could accept that if I hadn'tr already discovered previously that pedestrians hurl even more abuse at you if you actually do ring your bell to be let past!

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

Funnily enough I had some work nonsense on last night and was running really late for the game, so I cycled to Pride Park, up the river footpath from town. At that time 19:35-19:45 it wasn't especially busy and most people were fine as I slowed right down and politely asked to be let through, but there were a few idiots who thought angrily shouting "use your bell" at me was appropriate.

I could accept that if I hadn'tr already discovered previously that pedestrians hurl even more abuse at you if you actually do ring your bell to be let past!

You have a bell??

Street cred gone we then. Do you have a basket as well?

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I assume you're referring to that muppet who ran into a woman in London, and then tried to make out that her dying had nothing to do with the fact he was riding a bike with the front brakes illegally removed???  If so, I hope he goes down for it...

Yep he should. 

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

We cycle, don't go fast but on shared bridle ways always hope pedestrians will spot us but do use the bell if not, but you are right quite a few look at you like you have murdered a kitten or something for ringing the bell.

Archived