Think before you gif

David

Wasn’t a clickbait title, just seen this video and the use of black emojis and gifs on the BBC, the message I took from this is to think before you gif.

From now on I will only be using yellow emojis and non human gifs as it has never been my intention to offend anyone, I fear that if I start using white only gifs I will be seen as being racist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-40931479/is-it-ok-to-use-black-emojis-and-gifs?ocid=socialflow_twitter

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Joe. said:

You can't use the yellow ones you might offend the simpsons

My daughter was yellow when she was born. They treated her for jaundice, but it wasn't doing much. So she told my wife that maybe our daughter was yellow because she's a bit yellow. She's South American, prefers to be described as cappuccino. She was offended.

So there you go, the term yellow can be racially offensive. I will be outraged on my wife's behalf if any yellow emojis are used.

4 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Being from Burton I find that emojii really offensive... we have enough trouble with people taking the ***** out of our gills. The two bridges are only there for visitors you know.

#EyUpSeaDevil

Only one bridge for 3 months soon..

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/news/burton-news/st-peters-bridge-close-three-307011

That'll be a b******d all day , never mind the rush hour :angry:

Sith Happens
21 hours ago, Joe. said:

You can't use the yellow ones you might offend the simpsons

True, i'd hate to be accused of being homerphobic.

My son is half south east asian (Philippines) so that's yellow taken care of, but he's actually quite brown skinned like his mother, so that's brown okay and he's half white so he can safely have three times the gif diversity that i can.  We always want our kids to outdo us, so i am quite pleased

Archived