Sam Gallagher - signed for Birmingham on a season-long-loan

Barney1991

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I used to hold the telegraph as gospel back in the day

but like the evening post over here its nowJust regurgitating national media reports which more often than not have minimal substance to them 

hope it happens though lol

Hear hear !

11 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I used to hold the telegraph as gospel back in the day

but like the evening post over here its nowJust regurgitating national media reports which more often than not have minimal substance to them 

hope it happens though lol

Transfers were the absolute best when you had to go on TELETEXT page 312 (News in brief) and wait as it slowly flicked through 12 or so pages....all in the hope that there would be a simple 3 lines announcing a Derby County signing.  None of this weeks of will we/won't we/not good enough/too good/one season wonder etc etc.

Player announced after they'd signed with little or no prior knowledge for the fans.  If it was done before 12 you might get a pic in the late Telegraph edition.  If not you had to wait until the following morning for the grainy single shot of them holding a Derby shirt.

Oh for the good old days before ITK, Twitter warriors, agents, thirst for knowledge.

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Transfers were the absolute best when you had to go on TELETEXT page 312 (News in brief) and wait as it slowly flicked through 12 or so pages....all in the hope that there would be a simple 3 lines announcing a Derby County signing.  None of this weeks of will we/won't we/not good enough/too good/one season wonder etc etc.

Player announced after they'd signed with little or no prior knowledge for the fans.  If it was done before 12 you might get a pic in the late Telegraph edition.  If not you had to wait until the following morning for the grainy single shot of them holding a Derby shirt.

Oh for the good old days before ITK, Twitter warriors, agents, thirst for knowledge.

You aint kidding i remember reading we had signed gabbiadini via teletext

them we're the days 

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Nixon saying it's us or Wolves, big loan fee involved.

All a bit odd.

Unless Rowett wants to play with 2 up front, and he has shown no indication of doing it, then Martin would have to be dropped, and is GR going to do that? I can't see anyone agreeing for him to come here to sit on the bench.

Wolves are a far better option simply because they are a much better team and have a greater chance of promotion, but again do they need him? 

4 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Wolves are a far better option simply because they are a much better team and have a greater chance of promotion, but again do they need him? 

Don't think this really matters when it comes to a loan? Promotion or not he will end up back at Southampton

4 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

All a bit odd.

Unless Rowett wants to play with 2 up front, and he has shown no indication of doing it, then Martin would have to be dropped, and is GR going to do that? I can't see anyone agreeing for him to come here to sit on the bench.

If we did sign him I think it's a case of having a different kind of forward to what we currently have

On 13/08/2017 at 11:28, RoyMac5 said:

What about it makes it brilliant, I know little about the player?

I think he'd be a very good season long loan Mac as he's a powerful player who holds the ball up well,good in the air and got a good shot on him.I watched him closely last season as I always study opposition players who I think would be good for us.He closes down defenders,works hard and makes defenders lives difficult and he stays on his feet!! Rowett has talked about changing the team formation today and I'd love to see him in a partnership with Nugent or Vydra( as per his former partnership with Troy Deeney) .We shall see but a £1m loan fee sounds reasonable to me if he gets 15 goals for us.He got 11 for a dreadful Blackburn team last season so he'd hopefully better that for us.

16 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I think he'd be a very good season long loan Mac as he's a powerful player who holds the ball up well,good in the air and got a good shot on him.I watched him closely last season as I always study opposition players who I think would be good for us.He closes down defenders,works hard and makes defenders lives difficult and he stays on his feet!! Rowett has talked about changing the team formation today and I'd love to see him in a partnership with Nugent or Vydra( as per his former partnership with Troy Deeney) .We shall see but a £1m loan fee sounds reasonable to me if he gets 15 goals for us.He got 11 for a dreadful Blackburn team last season so he'd hopefully better that for us.

I quite like him, but again I don't like loans without a signing agreement for us if he proves himself, Blackburn got relagated but they beat us twice ! 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I know who I would sign for after Saturday ( just kidding but I hope he wasn't there) 

we paid a £2 million loan fee for Nathan Ellington years ago from Watford - they really have taken us to the cleaners over transfers haven't they!

Ellington's goals took us to the semi-final of the league cup. That run probably paid his loan fee.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Don't think this really matters when it comes to a loan? Promotion or not he will end up back at Southampton

No but it's far better and more fun being in a winning team and having a promotion on your CV than being in a midtable team being booed by your own fans if you don't win a game. Crucial for him though will be where he gets game time.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I know who I would sign for after Saturday ( just kidding but I hope he wasn't there) 

we paid a £2 million loan fee for Nathan Ellington years ago from Watford - they really have taken us to the cleaners over transfers haven't they!

To be fair, they've just paid the best part of £8m for a player they plan on utilising as a water boy... :ph34r:

At least Vydra and Anya make our squad. 

Archived