Sam Gallagher - signed for Birmingham on a season-long-loan

Barney1991

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purely on the basis of that clip selection he seems to be something we don't currency possess ie an aerial threat. If we get Lawrence over the line perhaps he'll be the one to tee him up? 

Having said that, I hope playing long ball to a big front man is only one option/style of play we are looking to employ. I would like to think we haven't abandoned keeping it on the deck as Plan A at this point. 

Rowett has said in the past that he would like to mix it up a little so I suppose time will tell...

It seems our strategy in this transfer window was to have no strategy.

We seem to be linked with any player with a value so high we have no realistic chance of signing, or loan players the likes of which Villa, Newcastle and Boro want so we have no chance of getting.

Part of the reason I was excited we got Rowett was his willingness to sign players from abroad, whilst Hull and Leicester are like third world countries it just doesn't count. 

7 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Personally I think he is a brilliant young player - good in the air, good finisher, decent with his feet to link play and will give us a different option as well

A real handful at Pride Park against us last season and highly regarded by Southampton.A season long loan would be great and,by the way,he doesn't go to ground very easily!?

8 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

According to Sun us and wolves are after sam Gallagher from Southampton and paying a loan fee wouldn't be enthralled with this as don't think his goal return for Blackburn was that special 

This where all the "weve been linked with him" and "derby are rumoured to be one of a number of clubs chasing the signature of him"

then loads of people get the tails in a flap cos we havent signed said player

good grief have a day off people

"the sun reports" u may as well ask my mrs who we're about to sign next 

9 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

This where all the "weve been linked with him" and "derby are rumoured to be one of a number of clubs chasing the signature of him"

Derby Telegraph put that he has been on our list of targets for a while

9 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

To be fair to Nixon he's been accurate with all our targets this year

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Derby Telegraph put that he has been on our list of targets for a while

I used to hold the telegraph as gospel back in the day

but like the evening post over here its nowJust regurgitating national media reports which more often than not have minimal substance to them 

hope it happens though lol

Archived