Sam Gallagher - signed for Birmingham on a season-long-loan

Barney1991

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I quite like him, but again I don't like loans without a signing agreement for us if he proves himself, Blackburn got relagated but they beat us twice ! 

I agree with you but I suspect Southampton would ask for silly money if he came and was a success here.Mind you,contracts for Baird ,Bent,Pearce,Shackell,Roos,Russell and Thorne expire next June!! He caused us real problems last season but Martin's performances are a source of concern and perhaps we need to bring in fresh blood.I'm unsure about the FFP situation but if we could get Lawrence's deal done,get Gallagher in and,hopefully,a box to box midfield player in( younger and stronger than Bryson) we'd be in a healthier position.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I agree with you but I suspect Southampton would ask for silly money if he came and was a success here.Mind you,contracts for Baird ,Bent,Pearce,Shackell,Roos,Russell and Thorne expire next June!! He caused us real problems last season but Martin's performances are a source of concern and perhaps we need to bring in fresh blood.I'm unsure about the FFP situation but if we could get Lawrence's deal done,get Gallagher in and,hopefully,a box to box midfield player in( younger and stronger than Bryson) we'd be in a healthier position.

Yes I can't disagree with that all, personally I would be trying to extend thorne and Russell because they can do it in this league and they are sellable 

Gives us another option if true. Always looked decent but got to get service into him otherwise will play like Martin did at the weekend.

Get the ball into Martin's chest or feet with players around him, he makes stuff happen every time, hence why he's been involved in more goals than any other striker in past 3 years.

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Yes I can't disagree with that all, personally I would be trying to extend thorne and Russell because they can do it in this league and they are sellable 

1 assist and 1 goal last season begs to differ on your opinion of  Russell we need new wide players ... Ryan Kent on loan and a dynamic box to box cm then we can have a proper crack at it  ... I also think we'd struggle to get past 2m for either player for different reasons 

7 hours ago, Saity said:

1 assist and 1 goal last season begs to differ on your opinion of  Russell we need new wide players ... Ryan Kent on loan and a dynamic box to box cm then we can have a proper crack at it  ... I also think we'd struggle to get past 2m for either player for different reasons 

At least try to get your stats correct.

13 hours ago, r4derby said:

That penalty against Stoke...that was a fun away evening

It was very cold, and probably the only thing Andy Griffin did well for Derby county by giving us the handball and penalty - we had a very poor side out that night but somehow won even in those horrible shirts!

At least try to get your stats correct.

ok you quoted a few days ago that statistically Russell was superior to Lawrence last season ?????

I'll dig it out if i have to 

Please explain this utter nonsense ???? Russell scored 1 and according to stats had 1 assist going into the last game or two as skysports also pointed out in one of our live games

TL stats are much better ....fact!!!

If you read through all the comments on here although people like Russell for his effort he's not good enough but yet you'd give him another contract ....lol......its quite laughable your blind faith in a player who rarely delivers anything...a winger with little assists and very few goals....oh hang on lets give him another contract......we have enough players here who aren't good enough and yet you want to reward them with new contracts...lol 

21 minutes ago, Saity said:

ok you quoted a few days ago that statistically Russell was superior to Lawrence last season ?????

I'll dig it out if i have to 

Please explain this utter nonsense ???? Russell scored 1 and according to stats had 1 assist going into the last game or two as skysports also pointed out in one of our live games

TL stats are much better ....fact!!!

If you read through all the comments on here although people like Russell for his effort he's not good enough but yet you'd give him another contract ....lol......its quite laughable your blind faith in a player who rarely delivers anything...a winger with little assists and very few goals....oh hang on lets give him another contract......we have enough players here who aren't good enough and yet you want to reward them with new contracts...lol 

Please check your stats, when you have you can then check all his seasons at Derby and average out his productivity 

i respect your opinion that you dislike him as a player where as I respect his contribution 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Please check your stats, when you have you can then check all his seasons at Derby and average out his productivity 

i respect your opinion that you dislike him as a player where as I respect his contribution 

I do respect his contribution as he gives it 100 per cent and how can anyone dislike his attitude....but its not about how youve done over the last few seasons its about now surely....I don't dislike him as a player i just don't think hes good enough for what we are trying to achieve whereas you think we'd get 7m for him ???  2m would be more like it....in truth he would be one of 3 or 4 whos contract would not be renewed but i would be one of the first to stand and applaud him if he ever returned to PP with another side...because his effort is undeniable....If i was in our team i'd give it 100 per cent too but it doesnt mean im good enough either

His record last season was appalling and yet some blame Ince for that ...lol so a player with loads of goals and assists is to blame for JR's crap stats ...really ??

I hope you prove me wrong and Russell starts to rip this league up...... but i doubt it

48 minutes ago, Saity said:

I do respect his contribution as he gives it 100 per cent and how can anyone dislike his attitude....but its not about how youve done over the last few seasons its about now surely....I don't dislike him as a player i just don't think hes good enough for what we are trying to achieve whereas you think we'd get 7m for him ???  2m would be more like it....in truth he would be one of 3 or 4 whos contract would not be renewed but i would be one of the first to stand and applaud him if he ever returned to PP with another side...because his effort is undeniable....If i was in our team i'd give it 100 per cent too but it doesnt mean im good enough either

His record last season was appalling and yet some blame Ince for that ...lol so a player with loads of goals and assists is to blame for JR's crap stats ...really ??

I hope you prove me wrong and Russell starts to rip this league up...... but i doubt it

I notice that you keep going on about that i on one occasion asked what would be Johnny Russell transfer value be bearing in mind last August we were reportedly offered £4.5 million from Brighton and since then the transfer prices have gone very silly so it is not unrealistic to value Russell at more than that especially if players such as Lawrence are valued at around £7 million having had just one decent season in the championship which Russell has had on more than one occasion.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I notice that you keep going on about that i on one occasion asked what would be Johnny Russell transfer value be bearing in mind last August we were reportedly offered £4.5 million from Brighton and since then the transfer prices have gone very silly so it is not unrealistic to value Russell at more than that especially if players such as Lawrence are valued at around £7 million having had just one decent season in the championship which Russell has had on more than one occasion.

I think most of us are happy to pay £7m for Lawrence likewise we would be delighted if someone offer £7m for Russell. I think personally I would be more than happy to get £4.5m for him. I like him as a player but as I have said previously he movement baffles me, he has the ability to beat his man and supply crosses, Sunderland perfect example, but he does it nowhere near regularly enough. At times he just stands still and offers nothing or runs towards a player who has the ball. Defenders love wingers who play with their back to goal. The biggest annoyance is that he has the potential to do well but he is just so frustrating. 

If Brighton had ever offered 4.5 million we'd have surely snapped there hands off where is the evidence of that ??...i do remember Bournemouth being keen according to the papers when Mac was here and we were supposedly interested in Ritchie in exchange who was rated at 2m at the time ...look i can't be arsed to keep going over this...you said he was a 7m rated winger last week and that his stats were better than Lawrence and  that is your opinion  but is not fact based  on stats alone but hey ho... as i said your opinion....but a very isolated one i think....lets just leave it there ...wheres the face palm emoji when you need one lol

That would be crazy, at least with the way we used to play.  Martin links play up better than most other strikers.

I'd imagine he will do the very same in a 4231.

The issue is whether that link up style is still there with Gary.  I'd say most decent strikers would get 15+ goals in our side if the service is right.  With the right supply there is an argument that Martin wouldn't be needed.

Personally I wouldn't sell unless him unless we had a quality replacement (Gallagher) and a massive offer 10m+

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

The interview with GR in which he says he still wants to change things in the squad , gives me the feeling we might try and cash in on Chris Martin , and go for a more mobile target man like Gallagher

Perhaps. I am informed the club were working hard yesterday to make Martin both visible and more mobile.

IMG_0202.JPG

The question is...

If we seriously want Gallagher, can we get him?

He's an out and out striker. Wolves are able to give him a first team spot and basically 90 minutes of football week in week out in his favourite position, can we offer that? 

I don't think we can. We'd end up throwing him out wide or in behind another striker. 

Not massively confident we can get this one over the line. 

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

The question is...

If we seriously want Gallagher, can we get him?

He's an out and out striker. Wolves are able to give him a first team spot and basically 90 minutes of football week in week out in his favourite position, can we offer that? 

I don't think we can. We'd end up throwing him out wide or in behind another striker. 

Not massively confident we can get this one over the line. 

How are they, they looked pretty set on Saturday.

Archived