Exits

Seems like any possible ins will only be on the basis of players going out... they seem to be lacking someone with the contacts and ability to make that happen (a proper director of football with contacts). A lot of suggestions of who to come in and a lot of agreement that dead wood needs to be shipped out, but big question is... where? Think The forum could do with a topic to discuss possible outs.

Rules:

must be realistic not an excuse to whine about players.

Specific clubs and they must have a need in that position (exits, injuries or lack of current options) or

must give a reason why that player would fit

Example:

Jason Shackell- move to the MLS- American wife- possible last contract age with back injuries

Marcus Olson- Leeds? Haven't really got LB since losing Taylor 

Pearce/Keogh- Birmingham and Sheff Wed still looking for a cb?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In b4 moved.

Its not about contacts. 

Shackell is still just about recovering from back surgery. No one will take him until January at least. I'd like to see him moving, but I think he's in his last year? Someone might have to fact check me there.

Olsson leaving would be an error. He's not the best, but he's rarely injured, and with Foz just coming back from a long time away, and Lowe unable to escape niggly little injuries, he's a necessary backup. Don't particularly rate Anya there, either.

If Shackell goes, then Pearce needs to stick around. And as for selling Keogh, that's just plain silly. The only CB who can pass a ball, and on the evidence of the Wolves game, one of the few with any urgency. Shame either of Butterfield or Johnson couldn't/won't do the runs that Keogh does, everyone else might not stand there watching and waiting.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

In b4 moved.

Its not about contacts. 

Shackell is still just about recovering from back surgery. No one will take him until January at least. I'd like to see him moving, but I think he's in his last year? Someone might have to fact check me there.

Olsson leaving would be an error. He's not the best, but he's rarely injured, and with Foz just coming back from a long time away, and Lowe unable to escape niggly little injuries, he's a necessary backup. Don't particularly rate Anya there, either.

If Shackell goes, then Pearce needs to stick around. And as for selling Keogh, that's just plain silly. The only CB who can pass a ball, and on the evidence of the Wolves game, one of the few with any urgency. Shame either of Butterfield or Johnson couldn't/won't do the runs that Keogh does, everyone else might not stand there watching and waiting.

Shackell is in his last year of the contract yes you're correct. 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think there'll be a couple of exits, possibly surprising ones.

Blackman (pleaseeeeee) ?

Weimann?

Anya?

Pearce (I'm praying for this one Gary) ?

????

We are stuck with them, yes you could pay them up which has a major FFP impact, or we simply wait until their contracts run down and get what little use out of them we can for some of them, loaning out one or two will give them some football if nothing else.

basically we massively overpaid in transfer fees and wages and contract length during the Clement and latterly the Pearson time on average players whilst we sold our most mobile midfielder in Hendrick we could have improved with the signings but they just seemed like a name/player through the door without thinking about how they would fit in. Sad but reality

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

basically we massively overpaid in transfer fees and wages and contract length during the Clement and latterly the Pearson time on average players whilst we sold our most mobile midfielder in Hendrick we could have improved with the signings but they just seemed like a name/player through the door without thinking about how they would fit in. Sad but reality

I think Hendricks departure has been much more a factor in our decline than it was thought-

3 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

I think Hendricks departure has been much more a factor in our decline than it was thought-

Unfortunately I said so many times when lots on here wanted the young experienced international out of the team because he was inconsistent- well we have Butterfield and Johnson who are very consistent! 

Hendrick Hughes and Bryson were the reasons our midfield was so revered in the 13/14 season. Lots of energy, we killed teams with our running in the middle of the park. Thorne/Eustace provided the defensive balance.

We're nowhere near that now which means either energetic box to box midfield replacements or a system change.

Anyway in terms of outs, I would love to see butterfield and Johnson leave with Matty James coming in. Jack Colback also looks like he could be available, maybe even take a punt on Irvine. 

Olsson should also go but only when Foz has proved fitness and Lowe fit.

Shackell also would like to see moved on, along with Blackman and Weimann/Russell if we get two quality wide players in.

However, this will take at least 1 or 2 more transfer windows to achieve. I also think more than ever now we need 1 or 2 academy products to emerge and become main players. Are they there? Is this bennett's time, is Guy good enough? Can Zanzala rip it up. We need 1 of those 3 to come good.

Pretty much agree with Bramcote Ram on everything there, I have not seen enough of the players mentioned as possible acquisitions but as regards the current playing staff, pretty much my thoughts to a tee.

Surprised Butterfield especially is still here as he takes too long to pass the ball and it rarely is anything incisive after which the whole opposition is behind the ball. A very frustrating player and certainly the current midfield seems to totally lack balance with the sort of players who are in there. No pace there whatsoever and not enough skill to go past anyone.

Also we desperately need an invigorating wide player as we are too lightweight on the wings.

I appreciate the points but other clubs manage it far better than us and sometimes even get genuine money for dead wood. Look at wolves... they somehow got reading to buy bodvarsson ... he's less proven than Blackman etc (at least Blackman has had a run of goals in the championship, however brief)... yes probably slightly less wages but deals can be done, better than being stuck paying his contract for the length or worse paying him off for being disruptive (as many players become if not getting a first team chance).

I also think rowett with a few players needs to be more direct rather than the soft approach and trying to keep people warm in case they don't go. We haven't seen the club release a single name is openly available, none of the deadwood nowhere near the first team training with reserves... it's like all the players have an open door that they might get a chance of playing which is great in one breath but when we are desperate for players to go out for new ones to come in probably not the best tactic.

I look at someone like Anya in our squad, currently at least 3rd choice behind Russell and Weimann. By the end of the transfer window he will be at least 4th. My personal opinion is 4th choice for cb, wing and cm should be someone with potential so you look at maybe Bennett or guy? I.e. They will get under normal circumstances 5 starts max, and 10-20 sub appearances but likelihood is 3rd choice will get most the chances and they are sitting hoping for an opportunity normally created by injury.

If anya is 4th choice at least and doesn't try and get himself a move (even by lowering wage demands etc) by the end of this season he will likely have lost his place in the Scotland squad and by the age of 31/32 approx I can't really see a championship club taking a gamble on a player who hasn't been playing for such a long time. He then becomes another one of these declining players who end there career dropping down the English football ladder.

If he moves to somewhere he is needed, picks up a run or form. Best case he gets a last crack at the prem with a newly promoted club etc worst case he would be a solid choice for a championship team. By later on in his career you look at him as someone who a championship club will still offer a chance, e.g Baird for us or Vaughan for the red dogs. Versatile, experienced, an international and player who doesn't necessarily rely on out and out physicality.

Personally I hope he is a stayer because he looks a consistent player if not prolific and his versatilility will come in handy. He also appear to be one of the players in the squad that have some character and don't duck away from the fans when things aren't going well.

Other examples:

Pearce - if he is behind Shackell if and when he returns, Rawson still sitting as 4th choice plus Forsyth, Wisdom, Huddlestone and Baird can be player there? 

Again highly unpopular but I'd rather see some money come in for Keogh who I think can be a liability and pair Pearce and Davies

Olson- depending on Forsyth and Lowe fitness situation

We have no choice but to rebuild now and take a hit on the wages of players that no one wants and we over spent on. They can sit out the remainder of their contracts or find clubs for themselves. 

Bring in better players and have the youth fill in the gaps or the bench. The rest can watch from the stands or home. Otherwise, if we are going to continue in this path then it's going to be a painful 2-3 seasons.

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We are stuck with them, yes you could pay them up which has a major FFP impact, or we simply wait until their contracts run down and get what little use out of them we can for some of them, loaning out one or two will give them some football if nothing else.

Sparkle. Wouldn't be blaming Clement pretty sure he had no input in their signings He left them all out on the away match to Fulham Mel didn't like it and he was gone by Sunday lunch 

Archived