Rowett: "We want to make one more signing.."

RoyMac5

I think a lot of you are missing the problem , no threat from attack granted but Johnson and Butterfield & Bryson for that matter need to be shipped out 

They provide nothing for the front three to work with , too slow , too sideways , backwards and def lack a tackle 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more???

when Gary said that i nearly turned the radio off

two of three minimum

neither weimann nor russell are good enough to take us where we want to be 

people have aluded to no creativity in midfield.

im sorry but anyone who watched that will know what were lacking in midfield.....

legs

we have none, zip, nada, nothing, niente, mobility.

they out manoverred us with ease at times and going forward i dont think butters or bradley even got into the same postcode as martin never mind same part of the pitch

i get the impression though that his hands are tied as shockingly no one wants any of our expensive well paid cast offs 

13 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Admittingly I've not been at the game as I'm away so not going to comment too much...but one thing I took from the Sunderland match wasn't the performances of the attacking players but it's the lack of a 'link up' player in midfield, as in someone who will play in their half who will get closer to Martin and bring the wide players into play. I won't point fingers on specific players but I think this might be more of an issue than what people realise 

I was at the game today and what surprised me was how much more Wolves wanted it today. It was similar last week at Sunderland when we scored and they out muscled us.

We looked like a team  out of love with the game and nobody ( not even Huddlestone ) wanted the ball. So many times a Derby player made a pass  only to get the ball straight back.

Rowett said how surprised he was at how united the squad was. 

Today they looked united against him.

18 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Admittingly I've not been at the game as I'm away so not going to comment too much...but one thing I took from the Sunderland match wasn't the performances of the attacking players but it's the lack of a 'link up' player in midfield, as in someone who will play in their half who will get closer to Martin and bring the wide players into play. I won't point fingers on specific players but I think this might be more of an issue than what people realise 

You are totally correct in my mind, maybe Bryson could come closest to the role but I think we need someone better but currently we have nothing

22 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I was at the game today and what surprised me was how much more Wolves wanted it today. It was similar last week at Sunderland when we scored and they out muscled us.

We looked like a team  out of love with the game and nobody ( not even Huddlestone ) wanted the ball. So many times a Derby player made a pass  only to get the ball straight back.

Rowett said how surprised he was at how united the squad was. 

Today they looked united against him.

To be honest, I noticed this sometimes last season.

I see what you are saying. to me we have missed a tempo setter in our team for a good number of years now. In the play off season for example, this was a younger Bryson and sometimes a young Hendrick too. Now time has passed we've tried to make it others be it Butterfield, Hughes and now Huddlestone and they are too slow paced on the ball (not a criticism of them, it's just the way they play). They are good players but shouldn't be controlling your tempo. They like spreading the ball and being cultured rather than direct, which is fine but you need a killer instinct sometimes and we don't have that endeavour to do it. Again Hughes was brilliant working off these players and that high pace back then, but when he started sitting and seeing more ball we had no where near the pace moving forward.

It's not necessarily a pace player either just someone who is willing to move quicker and make a difference in the final third 

Just now, Saul Pimpson said:

You actually  expect people to listen to the interview themselves before defaulting to moaning?

Absolutely not. The worse thing about today has been the embarrassing reactions from some of our "supporters." Proper pathetic stuff. 

Archived