Premier League 2017-18 discussion

Jourdan

1. Man City - I think they have the best squad. Guardiola should know a bit more about England now.

2. Man Utd. - Have the best manager and a slightly better squad than last year.

3. Chelsea - weaker than last year and now with European commitments won't enjoy the advantage they had last season.

4. Arsenal - it's just what they do.

5. Spurs - Wembley will be a factor and so far are slightly weaker than last season.

6. Liverpool - can't defend and losing Coutinho is a massive blow for them.

7. Everton - Will be closer to the top 6 than before, but just can't compete financially. Which is hilarious given their part as useful idiots in forming the Premier League to try and ensure their place at the top table forever.

8 - 17 A bunch of teams no one cares about.

18. Huddersfield

19. Watford

20. Brighton

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
On 10/08/2017 at 17:35, McLovin said:

Not convinced at all by Chelsea, their club's in turmoil as Conte was clearly against Matic's sale and isn't happy with their lack of transfer business. I can see him walking out before the season ends. The Costa situation is ridiculous too. Whilst Morata is a talented player, I don't think he will suit Conte's style. Morata works best with a strike partner rather than a lone striker. 

Conte will have to adapt Chelsea's style again for me because teams at the end of the season began to work the 3-4-3 out.

Sorry for the bump but I find it interesting looking back at some of my predictions. I predicted Burnley to get relegated, that went well..

On 10/08/2017 at 17:29, McLovin said:

Top 6:

1. Man City

2. Man Utd 

3. Spurs

4.Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Liverpool 

Relegated 3:

18. Burnley

19: Brighton

20. Huddersfield 

Top scorer: Lukaku

Player of the season: De Bruyne

Player to watch: Bernardo Silva/Sane

Surprise package: Leicester 

Underachievers: Chelsea

Mixed bag here in my predictions. Top 6 will probably be the same apart from Liverpool for Arsenal.

Poor in predicting the relegated 3. 

Player of the season will probably be salah or de Bruyne 

Bernardo Silva hasn’t really become a starter but Sane has been brilliant.

You can argue that Leicester are a surprise package as they are 8th but Burnley in 7th achieve that award

Underachievers is out of Arsenal or Chelsea but leaning towards Chelsea.

Archived