Confess your unpopular opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

There's someone famous who has been accused of vile things and has been absolutely decimated and vilified beyond redemption, but has never plead guilty, been found guilty at trial, nor had anything but... accusations... levelled at them.

No-one (and I mean NO-ONE) dare question it.

(Someone said something about human rights up above)

Who dat den?

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 12:45, reveldevil said:

Nottingham is a far better place to live than Derby.

Overall spot on but sometimes it depends where and under what circumstances revel.

I don't think there's a group of towns/villages anywhere in Nottm as nice as those in Quardon/Duffield.

If you've got a few bob in your back pocket that's the place to be. Derby is MUCH quieter than Nottingham and I believe with less things to do on an evening (I've not lived in derby for a while so apologies if I'm wrong.

Nottingham (and for me West Bridgford in particular is a great place to live day to day.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Overall spot on but sometimes it depends where and under what circumstances revel.

I don't think there's a group of towns/villages anywhere in Nottm as nice as those in Quardon/Duffield.

If you've got a few bob in your back pocket that's the place to be. Derby is MUCH quieter than Nottingham and I believe with less things to do on an evening (I've not lived in derby for a while so apologies if I'm wrong.

Nottingham (and for me West Bridgford in particular is a great place to live day to day.

Derbyshire itself is a far nicer county that notts with much nicer countryside and nicer towns and villages.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 23:38, sage said:

The Chinese were right (if somewhat heavy handed) to reduce the birth rate and the world doing the same is the only think that will stop the human race being wiped out or massively reducing in a short period of time.

Euthanasia is the only way we will be able to afford pensions and the NHS in 20 years time.

I really think that Euthanasia will be the norm in another 25 years or so sage. I think people will want the right to decide for themselves when they've had enough pain and would prefer not to carry on with a poor level of quality of life.

I'm all for it, in certain cases and after a sufficient period of reflection.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:53, Moist One said:

almost everything you're taught about history is "embellished", or perhaps even propaganda.

I find myself thinking about how accurate History is on a regular basis oh Moist one.

Say I become famous (or more likely infamous) in 20 years or so. My entire life will be played back by people who only caught glimpses of what really went on. Those stories will eventually be passed through the ages as gospel and the majority of people will believe every aspect of it, true or not.

Unless there is someone documenting every tiny moment of every event that ever happens/happened, a large portion of it will be padded out or total b*******.

Now, what should I do about that getting famous bit ;-)

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 22:41, Coconut said:

I can't for the life of me see how a man can be sexually attracted to a woman who is significantly fatter than himself and vise-versa, and my first thought when looking at a lot of couples is "You surely can't be telling me that at any stage in this relationship you actually found him/her physically attractive?"

I'm going to die a lonely, fat-shaming bigot :lol::unsure:

ps I'm not saying it's wrong on any level, I just don't see it.

I'm not the best looking lad in the world so I'll tread carefully here.

I often find myself wondering how two ugly people find the courage to ask each other out. Then I feel guilty for respecting them both for having balls of steel to face potential rejection head on.

Ouch :-( 

Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I hope to god the McCanns are not being defended here! 

I was trying to work out who it was about. I had decided it was John Leslie

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I was about to smash that like button...until you included pizza. Cheese is absolutely vile but there's not much finer than a Domino's BBQ pizza.

People who dislike cheese but are happy to eat stuff with cheese on or in are weirdos :ph34r:

On 12/08/2017 at 12:43, EastHertsRam said:

You say that John but keeping on top of our Old English Sheepdogs coat was nearly a full time job, I should image your Leonberger needs a lot of grooming too. ;)

Aggie is not a fan of grooming,not easy trying to keep hold of a 55kg dog.

Fortunately Mrs Cone is more of a fan:ph34r:

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I was thinking, Michael Barrymore. Alwroight?

Well I hope we find out, its all I will be thinking about all day. 

9 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I was about to smash that like button...until you included pizza. Cheese is absolutely vile but there's not much finer than a Domino's BBQ pizza.

That's like saying you love sandwiches but hate bread. 

On 10/08/2017 at 12:45, reveldevil said:

Nottingham is a far better place to live than Derby.

10 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Derbyshire itself is a far nicer county that notts with much nicer countryside and nicer towns and villages.

I agree with both of these, having grown up in the Peak District but lived in Notts for the last 15 years.

My in laws (from USA) are now in the process of buying a place in Cressbrook Mill (near Tideswell) for them to stay in for 2-3 months every summer & I'm looking forward to us using it as a weekend base for regularly going "home" to the hills. Notts has nothing to compare with that.

Nottingham city, though, is better. I just find Derby a bit of a depressing city centre.

• 2 weeks later...

The Greens have gone too far in my opinion.

I hear a lot these days about the state of our oceans, how there's not enough food to go around and of course the awful effect the plastic is having on the general fish population.

I don't remember hearing too much about those things 10 years ago before the clever REDUCE RE-USE RECYCLE buggers came along and started making us wash all of our plastic and tins before throwing them out into the bin.

No wonder the bloody fish are starving, gone are the days where I could just leave a bit of Fray Bentos in the bottom, knowing I was doing my bit for wildlife preservation ;-)

Selfish buggers, the lot of them. Won't anybody think of the fish?

Archived