Confess your unpopular opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

Pretty sure the whole point of human rights is that you have them, no matter what you do. You could kill the Queen and teabag her corpse, all on live TV, and you'd still be guaranteed the human right of a fair trial. Human rights cannot and should not be thrown away just because we disagree with the person they're being applied to. The moment that happens, is the start of a slippery slope.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/08/2017 at 18:38, David said:

Ignore

The Chinese were right (if somewhat heavy handed) to reduce the birth rate and the world doing the same is the only think that will stop the human race being wiped out or massively reducing in a short period of time.

Euthanasia is the only way we will be able to afford pensions and the NHS in 20 years time.

23 minutes ago, sage said:

The Chinese were right (if somewhat heavy handed) to reduce the birth rate and the world doing the same is the only think that will stop the human race being wiped out or massively reducing in a short period of time.

Euthanasia is the only way we will be able to afford pensions and the NHS in 20 years time.

An alternative is the follow the policy of the Indian province of Kerala, namely placing an emphasis on making sure women are educated to a high level.  As a result, they are more likely to pursue careers and the birth-rate drops significantly. In countries that see women as wives and mothers only...birthrates tend to be much higher.

Overpopulation is a huge problem globally and Kerala should really serve as an example to the rest of the world. A better solution than the Chinese method in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Highgate said:

An alternative is the follow the policy of the Indian province of Kerala, namely placing an emphasis on making sure women are educated to a high level.  As a result, they are more likely to pursue careers and the birth-rate drops significantly. In countries that see women as wives and mothers only...birthrates tend to be much higher.

Overpopulation is a huge problem globally and Kerala should really serve as an example to the rest of the world. A better solution than the Chinese method in my opinion.

I believe it was Christopher Hitchens who said that the only true way of alleviating poverty is the empowerment of women - by educating them, sexually empowering them and allowing them to get out the house and work.

5 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I believe it was Christopher Hitchens who said that the only true way of alleviating poverty is the empowerment of women - by educating them, sexually empowering them and allowing them to get out the house and work.

On that I would agree with him. Although when you think about it....it's fairly obvious that allowing girls/women equal access to education can only be good for a society. And yet in too many parts of the world, it's still not the case.

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Hitler had some very good ideas

He did,tank design etc.

Overshadowed by his bad ideas though,mass murder and ridiculous male grooming etc.

When I was younger I used to think Jim'll Fix It was a cracking tv show.

Now I'm just glad I never posted the letter.?

8 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Did you say you wanted to get your hands dirty working in a hospital? 

Hope all quiet at Chez Coneheadjohn. 

Sith Happens
12 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Cosmetic surgery/treatment tends to make women less attractive.

It does yes, nothing worse than seeing stretched faces on celebs trying to stay young.

What I dont get though is the current thinking of younger women pumping their lips full of crap. They look ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It does yes, nothing worse than seeing stretched faces on celebs trying to stay young.

What I dont get though is the current thinking of younger women pumping their lips full of crap. They look ridiculous.

I don't know why they do it - they end up looking like either Sharon Osborne or Pete Burns!

3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

He did,tank design etc.

Overshadowed by his bad ideas though,mass murder and ridiculous male grooming etc.

Yeah If I had ever got to take on Darth Vader with Luke Skywalker in a lightsaber fight my life may never have been the same.

Archived