Confess your unpopular opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

3 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Lol, I don't think I have ever heard such rubbish.

London may not be you're cup of tea.

However, in terms of culture, history, heritage, shopping, etc London is amazing.

I wouldn't want to live in London, nor for that fact any large conurbation, however I love to visit the capital. To say it is nothing special certainly implies a lack of knowledge and understanding!

2 hours ago, Srg said:

You appear to not be familiar with Jourdan's posts.

@Hathersage Ram why do you always go around sniping at people and making them feel bad for having an opinion that’s different to yours?

You can’t disagree with someone and have a reasonable debate without taking a swipe at them. It’s disappointing.

@Srg as for your comment, well done, I’ll take as much notice of that as Cocu is taking of your continued crusade against Tom Huddlestone.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I don't feel like I'm on holiday if I don't see a very sunburnt bloke in a Wolves shirt staggering round in flip flops.  Don't know if the golden orange contrasting with the burnt skin makes them stand out or if there really are five times as many .

If you lived in Wolverhampton you would take every opportunity to be somewhere else

On 12/08/2019 at 23:36, MuespachRam said:

It’s a poo hole, full of pretentious  ricks who think they are amazing because they live there...apart from @Angry Ram who is a thoroughly good egg. 

Just spent an hour in the area between King’s Cross and Euston. I genuinely don’t get why you think that. It’s so lively and atmospheric, and there are a million stories playing out around you at any time. Maybe you’re too much of a miserable old bar steward to appreciate it.

8 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Lol, I don't think I have ever heard such rubbish.

London may not be you're cup of tea.

However, in terms of culture, history, heritage, shopping, etc London is amazing.

I wouldn't want to live in London, nor for that fact any large conurbation, however I love to visit the capital. To say it is nothing special certainly implies a lack of knowledge and understanding!

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just spent an hour in the area between King’s Cross and Euston. I genuinely don’t get why you think that. It’s so lively and atmospheric, and there are a million stories playing out around you at any time. Maybe you’re too much of a miserable old bar steward to appreciate it.

It's an amazing city and a crazy place to grow up. Never a dull moment, always humming, lots that not great of course but go to any large city and that;s the case. It's probably not great for old folk and if you don't know the city, it can seem a hard and unwelcoming place but there are reasons Londoners don't engage with every Tom, Dick and Harry they meet and they're mainly to do with self-preservation! Real Londoners (not the millions who move there for work etc) may be slow to warm to strangers, but when they do, they'll do anything for you. 

15 hours ago, Jourdan said:

@Hathersage Ram why do you always go around sniping at people and making them feel bad for having an opinion that’s different to yours?

You can’t disagree with someone and have a reasonable debate without taking a swipe at them. It’s disappointing.

@Srg as for your comment, well done, I’ll take as much notice of that as Cocu is taking of your continued crusade against Tom Huddlestone.

That's made my day, you comment regarding London in a unilateral way, and get upset when someone disagrees with you.

Insecure or what

London is rubbish. I'd probably agree it is vibrant and lively. I disagree that those are good things. It's noisy and dirty, there are too many people and you can't hear yourself think. The public parks are nice.

That's made my day, you comment regarding London in a unilateral way, and get upset when someone disagrees with you.

Insecure or what

No-one’s upset. I don’t mind if you agree or disagree. That is what a forum is all about, isn’t it? Sharing different opinions, and what’s great about this forum is the wide spectrum of personalities and opinions.

I just think the tone of your posts is uncalled for. You often try to agitate people with unkind remarks about their character when there’s no need to.

18 hours ago, Jourdan said:

No-one’s upset. I don’t mind if you agree or disagree. That is what a forum is all about, isn’t it? Sharing different opinions, and what’s great about this forum is the wide spectrum of personalities and opinions.

I just think the tone of your posts is uncalled for. You often try to agitate people with unkind remarks about their character when there’s no need to.

LOL, please read my post.

No attack on character, however I do find you're comment inane and crass.

How anyone can state "If you travel a little, even just around Europe, you tend to realise that London is really nothing special"

It's condescending and implies knowledge, which frankly I find amusing.

So that's this forum, exchanging differing views.

On 13/08/2019 at 17:54, Jourdan said:

You appear to have taken another strong sniff of that air of superiority in this thread, perhaps have a lie down.

LOL, please read my post.

No attack on character, however I do find you're comment inane and crass.

How anyone can state "If you travel a little, even just around Europe, you tend to realise that London is really nothing special"

It's condescending and implies knowledge, which frankly I find amusing.

So that's this forum, exchanging differing views.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

You appear to have taken another strong sniff of that air of superiority in this thread, perhaps have a lie down.

We’re getting nowhere here.

If my views offend you so much, please put me on ignore.

I apologise if I came across condescending or superior, because that’s not the kind of person I am at all.

I am just like everyone else, passionate about the club and enjoying being part of this community and sharing different views.

Parenting now is the weakest it’s been in a long time (in general) and that is why the present youth are seen as being so much worse than previous generations. 

This is not a dig at individual parents, I’m sure you’re all doing a grand job but the conversations I have with parents are completely different to the conversations teachers had with my parents etc... 

Archived