Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - match day thread

Kernow

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That's helpful, slag off the only player to make an opening and have an actual shot on target

Russell didn't make it Weimann did and Russell missed... he's awful, it's not good to say but it's true 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Topram said:

Russell didn't make it Weimann did and Russell missed... he's awful, it's not good to say but it's true 

Not very good today I admit but nobody was basically but if our midfield sit on our defence and don't tackle or pass the ball forwards then we will look poor all the time

Feel sorry for Rowett i think he can now see the level of players he as at his disposal and they aint good enough

Lets go back to the Pearson days he saw instantly a clear out was needed and the players revolted,today was a poor of a display i have seen for a few seasons given the fact its the first home game i was expecting a lot more than that.

Its not panic stations just yet but it does not look great i have to say

8 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Feel sorry for Rowett i think he can now see the level of players he as at his disposal and they aint good enough

Why feel sorry for Rowett, he was out of a job when we recruited him, he's had since March to assess the capabilites of our current squad and to alter the playing staff as he sees fit.

31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That's helpful, slag off the only player to make an opening and have an actual shot on target

Haha I really don't believe your blind faith in a player who influences the game very little ....the back pass to there keeper was ...let's say ....tame...I don't like the fact you get personal with my comments on here saying things like do I actually watch the game etc etc which I find to be not necessary  ...but you bang on about Russell being worth 7m....and I could easily say exactly the same with your comments about the magical Russell lol....

knocked off thr ball countless times ...no crosses no contribution no worthwhile efforts on goal.....getting the picture ????..

I used to regard fossie as mr dependable defencively but today he looked out of sorts and they looked dangerous every time down their right. I hope this is just coming back after injury syndrome, but how much time can we afford him?

Think everything has been covered already but what concerned me today was an incident first half  when Wisdom was gesticulating (keogh I think) to go forward and instead a poor 5 yard pass was played to him. Instead of breaking himself to get to it he completely disregards it throwing both hands in the air as if to say what was that? Letting the ball roll past him. Luckily we picked it up. I'm not commenting on his whole game as his world class tackle when I was hoping he would just take the player out before he reached the box!! But that to me displays an attitude we can't afford.

52 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

We looked so so average.

Butterfield has really struggled in the last 2 games. Bryson seemed the only one up for it especially 2-0 down and he is carrying an injury. He should start next game.

The worrying thing for me though was the lack of good options on the bench. A raft of injuries doesn't help but we need 2 or 3 signinging to get us out of the mire.

M8 Bryso injured is still a better player than Jacob butterfield will ever be 

14 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Lets go back to the Pearson days he saw instantly a clear out was needed and the players revolted,today was a poor of a display i have seen for a few seasons given the fact its the first home game i was expecting a lot more than that.

Its not panic stations just yet but it does not look great i have to say

Not having that at all.

Pearson saw what was wrong with our squad and absolutely ignored it until deadline day, on which he spent 14 million on two average Championship players who have achieved absolutely nothing with us. 

It's been fairly obvious that Rowett would love a complete clear-out, but finding buyers is difficult. Can only sell players that clubs actually want.. 

1 hour ago, Cool As Custard said:

Unfortunately we are going nowhere with Chris Martin in this team

Too slow, too immobile & offers nothing to the way we are now trying to play

We need more mobility & someone to run the channels

What do you think weimann and russell are there for?

weimann was one of our better players today.

Disappointing result but it is early in the season, not all doom and gloom. We were up against a very good side and they highlighted some issues that really need addressing as soon as possible. The good thing is Rowett changed things when after giving it the appropriate time things still weren't working. He'll learn from today and we'll be better from it.

Carson - 6 - Couldn't do anything for the goals, didn't really make any mistakes. 

Wisdom - 7 - Thought he was the best of a bad bunch. For such a 'negative' fullback he really got forward and was absolutely exhausted by the end of it.

Keogh - 7 - Gave it his all, when we were throwing bodies forward he even drove onwards himself. Exceptionally unlucky with the goal.

Davies - 6 - Not quite as good as Keogh but he put in a solid show. Looked very angry at the end of the game which I like, shows a real winners attitude. 

Forsyth - 5 - He's clearly still recovering from that injury and is not his former self. Really ran into some issues with Doherty although I think a lot of that came down to the shape they were playing against us. Offered little going forward other than 1 or 2 balls fizzed in.

Huddlestone - 6 - Was the only midfielder who wasn't horrendous for us and he still had quite a few misplaced passes. Looks very composed but quite immobile as we expected.

Johnson - 5 - Had a very strong 20 minutes were he showed a tremendous amount of fight but once the ref told him to calm down after arguing with the linesman again he really went quiet. Poor with the ball aside from that one shot he hit towards the end of the game.

Butterfield - 3 - Extremely frustrating to watch and it's like he's trying his best to emulate a crab. Gave away the ball a lot, no threat to their goal, passing inaccurate, tackling weak, positioning was poor. If he's supposed to be playing the Hughes role in a 4-3-3 then we really need to consider switching systems. 

Weimann - 6 - Good first half, worked hard and created a couple of chances. Was very direct which was nice to see too. Not sure why he came off instead of Johnson but he was having a very quiet second half.

Russell - 5 - Was basically invisible in the first half, I honestly forgot he was playing. Started the second half stronger and forced a great save, also had a good knockdown for Johnsons effort. An improvement over the first half but he still wasn't good enough.

Martin - 6 - Hard to rate. Didn't do anything wrong really because the service to him was absolutely horrendous. Had some nice little flicks but pretty much so none of the ball for 90 minutes. His rating basically doesn't really count due to the lack of service he received (which was down to our awful creativity and Wolves swamping the middle). It's worrying how without Ince now, he's our only real danger man and teams are going to do the same to him every game unless we sign someone.  

SUBS

Nugent - 6 - Came on and looked up for it. A few passes and touches were wayward but he was working exceptionally hard to make things happen. 

Bryson - 5 - Came on and didn't really do anything. Was nice to see him in forward positions but he didn't really achieve anything.

Anya - 4 - Came on against a very tired defence and managed to make us look significantly worse. Didn't try running at anyone, didn't try anything risky and just played very simple passes. Really disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I used to regard fossie as mr dependable defencively but today he looked out of sorts and they looked dangerous every time down their right. I hope this is just coming back after injury syndrome, but how much time can we afford him?

The reason they looked so dangerous down our left was Weimann being utterly awful defensively. Time after time their right wing back ran into a huge gaping space and Weimann just stood there letting him do it.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

What do you think weimann and russell are there for?

weimann was one of our better players today.

Yes they are going to win lots of aerial balls aren't they.....

And whilst they are running the channel they are way out of position leaving the full backs exposed

The CF has to run the channels hold it up & bring the others into play high up the pitch

In Rowetts system Weimann & Russel are there to pick up the pieces from the CF high up the pitch. Unfortunately CM is not the man to get the most out of them in this system

29 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not very good today I admit but nobody was basically but if our midfield sit on our defence and don't tackle or pass the ball forwards then we will look poor all the time

No I agree 95% of the team were poor mate I just thought Weimann looked very good for some of the game better than anyone else 

I don't know why everybody are so angry with the performance against a well organised and talented side.

We have lost our two best players, one a playmaker and the other the best winger in the division and have not replaced them. Should not really expect much else until GR actually replaces those two players with quality. 

We were short in midfield last season even with WH there, we look hopeless now.

I am afraid we might see more of the same until GR does something about it.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

I don't know why everybody are so angry with the performance against a well organised and talented side.

We have lost our two best players, one a playmaker and the other the best winger in the division and have not replaced them. Should not really expect much else until GR actually replaces those two players with quality. 

We were short in midfield last season even with WH there, we look hopeless now.

I am afraid we might see more of the same until GR does something about it.

I'm afraid we might be waiting a long time. But never mind toddy we can always blame Chris Martin too, go for the full set! ;):D

20 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Martin - 6 - Hard to rate. Didn't do anything wrong really because the service to him was absolutely horrendous. Had some nice little flicks but pretty much so none of the ball for 90 minutes. His rating basically doesn't really count due to the lack of service he received (which was down to our awful creativity and Wolves swamping the middle). It's worrying how without Ince now, he's our only real danger man and teams are going to do the same to him every game unless we sign someone.  

SUBS

Bryson - 5 - Came on and didn't really do anything. Was nice to see him in forward positions but he didn't really achieve anything.

Seems odd that you give Martin a 6 for doing nothing, and Bryson only a 5, when he looked much more positive than Bryson when he came on IMO, don't disagree with too many of your ratings accept how you made these two.

Archived