Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Jortat said:

I think everybody needs to take a deep breath and see what team we have at the end of the transfer window.

Then give it a couple of months before ripping the team apart and giving up hope.

We all knew it was going to be tough after Hughes and Ince were sold  so lets give GR time to shuffle the squad around and then get them playing.

We really do need to give him some time or we will just chop and change as we have since NC was sacked and we will get nowhere and compel our club to being a laughing stock .

Patience and some good deals in the transfer window is our only option.

Chopping managers every season has got us in the mire where we are now ( and some crazy prices paid for mediocre players)

Only 2 games in.

Support the club and show some faith in our manager.

COYR

Wish this message could of been passed to the moaning Myrtles sat behind us today. Never heard grown men whinge so much.

1 minute ago, jono said:

Not slashing wrists yet. Early days but that was pretty glum wasn't it

complete lack of magic in the attacking half of the pitch. Martin isolated for much of the game until Nugent came on and we saw a glimmer of possibilities.

plus points.

Tom can pass and play the ball first time, something we have been missing

Davis pretty solid

Wisdom .. Wow how did we manage to get him for the price. Top top signing.

Weiman might not have achieved much but he worked his balls off.

negatives.

why is Martin on his own up there .. No partner and no midfield close enough or quick enough ?

Fozzy out of position too often 

Johnny's "percentage" game doesn't work when up against some quality 

Butters And Johnson .. Poor games. Reputations declining swiftly even from a die hard happy Clappy

off to sulk for 2 days .. Talk later 

The big gap left in front of Fozzy didn't help him either to be fair.

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

A couple of years ago we beat Wolves 5-0 with Simon Dawkins linking the play. Fans said he offered nothing and couldn't wait to see him leave.

So we went out and spent £6.5 million on Bradley Johnson. Now we can't pass for toffee while Wolves cut through us like p!ss in the snow.

Karma I guess.

It's truly galling to remember were we not long ago compared to what we've become now. 

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Let's keep it real folks, wolves were the better side no question they knew they were going to control the football they knew where they were going to pass it and they did it.

regarding Derby we were sedentary in midfield which kills all the forwards - we can't start games with Butterfield and Johnson and expect to pass the ball forwards because we know it just doesn't happen - do we currently have many alternatives- not really apart from Bryson to start 

yes I am frustrated but realistic we need more in central midfield more than anything

Yeah and the magic russell

was his usual crap self ....should've scored and gets pushed off the ball far too easily ....he's not the only one ....

heard fans talking about his non affective game yet again on the way out ...but he's not the only one as I've said ....loads of effort doesn't make a player!!!!

Sith Happens

That was one of the worst games for a while, worse than under Pearson. 4 or 5 nil wouldnt have flattered Wolves and they never really had to get out of second gear.

I dont know what to say, really gutted i thought we showed no passion or desire.

Roll on Tuesday a chance to put it right, these players ARE better than this.....

Turgid, pathetic performance. Carson and Bryson were the only ones who deserved to wear the shirt. Russell, Weimann and Anya (a little harsh maybe on Anya) were all woeful, 0 end product, Weimann was almost never in the position we needed him out wide. Add in the complete lack of cohesion in midfield as Butterfield and Johnson probably put in some of their worst ever performances in a Derby shirt. 

Davies in defence seemed routinely beaten, Wisdom made one worldie of a tackle, however was slow and ponderous in possession. Forsyth got done on several occasions. Martin was largely ineffective, as was Nugent, but I'll give them some slack as they received almost no support. 

The thing that bothered me most today was the lack of urgency. We were 1-0 down at home, and we had 6 of our players stationary behind the ball. We need players surging forward to provide options.

Now, I'd like to see a big improvement for our next game, I'm not blowing this out of proportion, just think we were terrible today, hopefully our players can step up and we can see some changes for our next game. 

A final note is that I thought Wolves were a very good side.

Just now, Paul71 said:

That was one of the worst games for a while, worse than under Pearson. 4 or 5 nil wouldnt have flattered Wolves and they never really had to get out of second gear.

I dont know what to say, really gutted i thought we showed no passion or desire.

Roll on Tuesday a chance to put it right, these players ARE better than this.....

Really? We shouldn't have to take a pasting to get some effort out of them.

That was abysmal, fair enough Rowett's in a tough spot with Vydra out and no new attacking signing but I have absolutely no idea what he's trying to do right now.

He's got a 4-3-3 with the slowest midfield I've seen us field in ages, they don't support Martin in the slightest. There's absolutely no energy down the middle of the side at all. Why are you playing Martin when he's got no support and chasing down punts? Setting our best striker up for failure.

The wingers tucked in allowing the full-backs to overlap, but we've got two full-backs you wouldn't consider quick in Wisdom and Forsyth. It was really ineffective, don't think we met a cross from them all day.

Weimann and Russell didn't ever look like scoring doing that either, they made us really easy to defend against too by being so static. Wolves job was easy; mark the winger standing in the middle and block the cross coming in from the full-back who can't get around the defence.

We started the second half badly, they were opening us up every 3/4 minutes while we weren't getting anywhere. He still stuck with the unenergtic 4-3-3 despite the fact we were open at the back and doing s**** all up top.

Finally brought on Nugent to switch to a 4-2-3-1 but kept Johnson at LM. What's the obsession with Johnson as an attacking player? He's got some good attacking qualities but he's not what we needed. Would have been better sticking with Russell and Weimann on the wings.

Even more annoying when he kept Johnson on and took Weimann off when we were chasing the game. 

I think Rowett's just having to work with what he's got at the moment but I'm feeling let down at the moment.

We've signed more old players than we have young ones and we're no more athletic, maybe even less so.

Why are we waiting til the hour mark to switch to a clearly more effective 4-2-3-1?

If you're going to play Martin, get someone close to him.

If you're going to play Huddlestone or Butterfield, play a striker/midfield who'll make runs for them to pick out.

Desperately need Lawrence or someone with a bit of magic in them. We're far too easy to defend against right now.

Sith Happens
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Really? We shouldn't have to take a pasting to get some effort out of them.

Dont disagree with you.

But if it does happen I want to see a reaction.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Turgid, pathetic performance. Carson and Bryson were the only ones who deserved to wear the shirt. Russell, Weimann and Anya (a little harsh maybe on Anya) were all woeful, 0 end product, Weimann was almost never in the position we needed him out wide. Add in the complete lack of cohesion in midfield as Butterfield and Johnson probably put in some of their worst ever performances in a Derby shirt. 

Davies in defence seemed routinely beaten, Wisdom made one worldie of a tackle, however was slow and ponderous in possession. Forsyth got done on several occasions. Martin was largely ineffective, as was Nugent, but I'll give them some slack as they received almost no support. 

The thing that bothered me most today was the lack of urgency. We were 1-0 down at home, and we had 6 of our players stationary behind the ball. We need players surging forward to provide options.

Now, I'd like to see a big improvement for our next game, I'm not blowing this out of proportion, just think we were terrible today, hopefully our players can step up and we can see some changes for our next game. 

I thought Bryson did ok when he came on yes.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

They were very good to be fair and as an example there left back looked technically streets ahead of our defenders ...to be honest we were lucky it wasn't 4 at least...big wake up call 

Well that was f****** diabolical.

Dunno what Davies and rowett are trying to say that we controlled the game- did we b*******! We were completely outplayed by a team with far greater quality than us. What you saw out there was one team who could challenge for promotion, and one that's gonna threaten the bottom more than the top. We've got no attacking spark whatsoever, and to be fair what can you expect when you take a team that didn't score enough goals and sell the top goalscorer!

Weimann was about the only one that looked like making anything happen, I really cannot see where our goals are going to come from, especially in that system. We need more than just to replace ince, one man simply won't cut it Gary- its not just a lack of quality in attack, it's also the lack of creative quality in midfield- there's no imagination whatsoever in that midfield two.

To be brutally honest it's really sad to see, we've been reduced to a workmanlike mid table side in this transfer window- there's no players left who really get you off your seats when they're on the ball cause they might make something happen! Sadly can see this going very Pearson, selling our best players and not adequately replacing them before panic buying someone. Hope I'm wrong, but if this carries on then rowett won't make it past September and there ain't many signs of Improvement.

It's all well and good that we've improved the defence but was that really the problem last year? A good defence ain't gonna do much if the midfield is just cut open as well! Really don't know where we go from here, it's not even like there's many really good options in the squad to improve it, it's all just more of the same s****!

Archived