Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - match day thread

Kernow

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

Unfortunately we are going nowhere with Chris Martin in this team

Too slow, too immobile & offers nothing to the way we are now trying to play

We need more mobility & someone to run the channels

Next shot after beating a defender anyone? My guess is September...2020.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Pathetic. Sell your most creative players and surprise surprise you create nothing, score nothing and get no points. It ain't rocket science. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

What are we short to compete with the likes of Wolves? I guess it depends on formation, but should we switch to a 4-2-3-1: 1x CM, 3x AM. If we're to play 4-3-3: 2x CM & 2x WF

For me, four really good players to come in and we look a different team. The problem is, with our scouting, we would need to sign 15-20 players to make sure we sign those four quality ones required. 

That's a bit generous!

I think the distinct lack of a plan is the most frustrating thing for me. 

He's had since March and the best thing we can come up with is percentage football with Chris Martin leading the line!? Wolves' team have been together 5 minutes and it's pretty clear that they have a direction and a style, they've just absolutely ripped us apart. Plenty of time for him to get it right but I think it's going to be a long old slog. 

Work to be done, very early days yet but give us a sign of things to come. We didn't see it last year, we've not seen it in pre-season and certainly not in the opening two games. 24K Derby fans speaks volumes with the overall mood. 

Second game or not i can see this is going to be a very long season for us if we do not get a least 2 more better quality players in before the deadline finishers

We have to many players who are just not good enough,Russell ,Weimann ,Butterfield,and Bryson been hear to long.

All of a sudden the mid week game becomes a biggy this early in the season

I'll just use butterfield as an example ... always underperforms yet nearly always gets a game.. I honestly don't get it...this team has got rid of so many managers.. you can't blame Rowett. You can flog a dead horse all day but it will never get up and walk.. 442, 433, whatever it's irrelevant !  

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Wolves are, imo, the best team in the Championship.

As such, I predicted a 2-1 loss. While on paper I was seemingly close, I vastly underestimated the difference between the two sides. Should have been 4-0 at least.

Need quality, but even without it we'll be safe this season if it is indeed the beginning of a long term rebuild as has been touted.

If it's not a long term rebuild from the perspective of the higher ups (a big IF), Rowett will not survive 6 months if he doesn't bring quality in, based on Mel's track record.

Rowett won't survive beyond the end of September, given Mel's track record (!), if we haven't shown some improvement by then. Given the business we've done so far in the transfer market, I'm not optimistic.  Many have commented on here about needing a clear-out in the close season, but Ince and Hughes were not the first names on most people's "for sale" list.  Feels like its been bungled, unfortunately....

Wolves had a good centre half and a good midfielder. They took their chances we didn't.  They looked dangerous on the break all the time we seemed to get caught going forward and they came out very quick. I think after the shock you'll see we aren't a million miles off. We just need a bit of quality going forward and things will get better.

Archived