Ramage talks sense

eddy779h34

10 hours ago, Rample said:

The fact I believe we need 4 or 5 players to complete the revamp of our squad means I agree with the first part of the statement.

However I think Ramage needs to tread carefully. I'm sure most of us have our own opinions but we don't need him inciting the idiots and putting more pressure on Rowett. If we release them how can we afford to replace them?

We were never going to be able to bring 7 or 8 players in this summer because we were unlikely to be able to move 10 out. If we manage to get 5 and become a top 6 team we've progressed well.

Then when we've maybe sold another in January we can add one more of the required quality, and next summer we can release a few players out of contract, possibly allowing us to add a couple more and complete the jigsaw. Even then you have to contemplate these players will cost appropriate fees, and if you release a couple of defenders you would have to find cover for them aswell as adding your new signings, and that's if others don't leave or get injured.

For me reality is progress this season, top 6 next season and promotion chasers the season after, to expect more or start moaning about lack of progress now is idiocy. 

Do you really think they need inciting?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Craig fot the T-Shirt!.......this T-Shirt arrived a couple of weeks ago via a friend in Derby that lives near Craig.

I think I might have even got a shout out on the Radio, but I never heard it, as I refuse to pay for the pleasure of listening to the radio, in this mad modern world we live in.

I suppose the biggest question one has to ask is when should I wear it?....erm to wash the pots in it, sleep in it, do the gardening in it, or all three?

23kf1ty.jpg

I do listen to sport scene for the build up, before I get "hooked" off before games.

Good to listen to Curtis today saying about players putting a shift in, and if they don't the boss GR will "hook" them off, I think I heard another Rams player saying it earlier in the week. Sounds like GR is getting his message across regarding working for the shirt, and keeping the shirt etc.

I wonder if GR has a Craig Ramage Derby Legend T-Shirt, has to work for it hard, and if and when he gets one, has to work even harder to keep it.

2 minutes left before Radio Derby "hook" me off!..........enjoy the work rate, and our rewards will come.

No girders at Bristol City, enjoy the view Craig and the Radio Derby team. 

C'mon the Rams in black and pink!

Very serious incident has closed the M5 in both directions which will cause major issues for all in the area

Ramage making light of it by suggesting that they should be put up overnight paid for by the BBC.

i hope there are no serious injuries, you are a disgrace Ramage

1 hour ago, Hollybush said:

Very serious incident has closed the M5 in both directions which will cause major issues for all in the area

Ramage making light of it by suggesting that they should be put up overnight paid for by the BBC.

Heard that too..... well out of order, to be fair.... he quickly tried to correct himself, but what he said shows some really don't engage brain before saying.

Ramage and Dawes starting to do my nut in. Way way over the top when we lose, just add to the negativity. Ramage's answer to everything is we need to go sign more players - FFP Ramage like it or not - we are where we are due to previous management - it takes time to fix. Rowett knows where we're weak, we talk about it every week but the past 5 managers haven't fixed it. Rowett may not fix it but now is not the time to be making judgments.

Talk about how bad the result is and performance yes, today was woeful fans need to know how it is, but be more balanced about where we're at as a club generally - cut the crap comments about Rowett not knowing the situation, this isn't Burton Albion or Birmingham City.

Owen Bradley is the only one who talks sense!

2 hours ago, Hollybush said:

Sadly it appears a lorry has crossed the central reservation and collided with oncoming traffic. The report I just read says four people have died. 

Rammage obviously would have been unaware of this but he would have been better off making no reference to the incident at all.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Ramage and Dawes starting to do my nut in. Way way over the top when we lose, just add to the negativity. Ramage's answer to everything is we need to go sign more players - FFP Ramage like it or not - we are where we are due to previous management - it takes time to fix. Rowett knows where we're weak, we talk about it every week but the past 5 managers haven't fixed it. Rowett may not fix it but now is not the time to be making judgments.

Talk about how bad the result is and performance yes, today was woeful fans need to know how it is, but be more balanced about where we're at as a club generally - cut the crap comments about Rowett not knowing the situation, this isn't Burton Albion or Birmingham City.

Owen Bradley is the only one who talks sense!

Totally agree.

I've stopped listening to it altogether, would rather get a neutral view from soccer saturday/final score then judge things myself when I watch matchday live tomorrow.

3 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Sadly it appears a lorry has crossed the central reservation and collided with oncoming traffic. The report I just read says four people have died. 

Rammage obviously would have been unaware of this but he would have been better off making no reference to the incident at all.

Yes sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and look stupid, than open it to confirm the fact.

Tragic news for the those involved in the M5 motorway incident.

Don't tend to listen to RD but just stumbled across a Facebook live article after Saturdays match. 

Rampage goes on about our players not showing desire and thinking they can just turn up and win matches.

2 minutes later he is saying that we should be beating Sheff Utd and Bristol City because there are no 'big hitters' in their teams. 

For a pundit to show such a blatant disregard to other teams is laughable. I imagine his research into other teams stretches to looking at their average crowds on BBC Sport.

On 16/09/2017 at 14:58, Inverurie Ram said:

Good to listen to Curtis today saying about players putting a shift in, and if they don't the boss GR will "hook" them off, I think I heard another Rams player saying it earlier in the week. Sounds like GR is getting his message across regarding working for the shirt, and keeping the shirt etc.

Yeh, this really worked well obviously on Saturday. 

Archived