Ramage talks sense

eddy779h34

Listening to Craig Ramage last night on RD

Saying we need to oust most of the dead wood in the squad , make them train on their own ,or pay  em off.

We need at least 4 more in to change the look of the team 

I fully agree 

Can't we get him in as a adviser to the board 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the guy talks nonsense. 

We need to get rid of those that don't play? Yeah, so does every club in the world. 

Make them train on their own? How would that make their teammates, mates and potential future signings feel? You struggle then you get binned with no chance of a revival. Derby County: football's North Korea. 

Pay them off... buy their contracts out? Let them take the money they'd get for being on our books while they go earn a wage somewhere else at the same time?

I know he talks hypocritical garbage on a matchday but if this is his advice when he's not an emotional wreck then he's outdone himself.

The concept of having lots of really passionate people around the club sounds great on paper. But passionate people speak/act from the heart rather than the head.

12 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Saying we need to oust most of the dead wood in the squad , make them train on their own ,or pay  em off.

I fully agree 

Hello Craig. Big fan. 

59 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

I fully agree 

Teams actually have to want our players , and we cant just pay them off that would kill us financially as we have overpaid in wages and long contracts. Also people think we are close to FFP (I dont ) , but if we was paying of contracts certainly wouldnt help with that ... Also players tend to cost money so while it would be lovely to bring in 4 players , in the positions we are currently supposed to be looking at , your talking perhaps 

7million for a winger
5 million for a number 10/center mid 
maybe 2 loans with a fee to pay

its not realistic

I'm sure I read that team morale was good. Don't think it would be if these ideas were implemented. My impression is that we have a good, committed squad who all want to play. Lets see how we do with stable management. We may well sell some more soon but that doesn't mean they don't want to play for us.

Thing is He's right in saying ,with this current squad will be  just outside the play off's with what we have 

The concept of the team is still the same , less the flair of Hughes and Ince 

Weimann Bennett Russell Butterfield Hansen Johnson Anya Nugent Baird Olsen Shackell Blackman Bryson all need to be moved on 

Can we have a summer sale 

I wonder if we could put them up for Auction ,perhaps ebay 

2 hours ago, eddy779h34 said:

I fully agree 

As I said to Craig on air last night, saying these things and then actually doing them are two very, very different things.

If GR effectively bullies a player out of the club for example, maybe that will affect the rest of the squad, or potential new signings?

There are clearly financial implications too. Believe it or not there isn't a bottomless money pit.

GR has been clear that he wants a clear out. He has been trying very hard to move things on. He's found it more difficult than he expected.

So yeah, Craig is right. Gary's right too though.

36 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

As I said to Craig on air last night, saying these things and then actually doing them are two very, very different things.

If GR effectively bullies a player out of the club for example, maybe that will affect the rest of the squad, or potential new signings?

There are clearly financial implications too. Believe it or not there isn't a bottomless money pit.

GR has been clear that he wants a clear out. He has been trying very hard to move things on. He's found it more difficult than he expected.

Owen, is he getting any closer to achieve his plans though?

We have too many players. This is a known fact. No one seems to agree who the 'too many' are. Even with large nunbers we cant quite seem to get the right balance in the first team.

Of course in an ideal world you have a squad of talented, committed individuals blending grit, leadership, determination, youth, experience, flair and winners. In an ideal world.

At present it doesn't appear that Rowett has any attitude problems to contend with, just too many players and not the right balance. Ramage isn't a genius for stating the obvious. And his solutions seem a little flawed. You can't make people train on their own without them doing something wrong. You can't sell players that clubs don't want to buy and we can't afford to pay off contracts at random.

So yeah. Ramage saying we still have too many players and an imbalanced squad is right. His solutions are based in Football Manager fantasy land though. People who claim to 'tell it like it is' are invariably those unable to grasp that reality is more complex than they can cope with. I'd put Ramage in to that that category, decent bloke, passionate etc. But there's a reason why pundits aren't actually in charge of football clubs themselves.

4 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

My ins and outs thread gets more relevant by the day lol 

Bizarre moment last night. Two minutes in and ramage said that we were sloppy and that Grimsby were the better team. Nipped in to the Chinese, came out to hear Keogh had scored and that derby had dominated the last 5 minutes......had to check my watch. Thought I'd lost my mind but it appears not

4 minutes ago, Beardmm said:

Bizarre moment last night. Two minutes in and ramage said that we were sloppy and that Grimsby were the better team. Nipped in to the Chinese, came out to hear Keogh had scored and that derby had dominated the last 5 minutes......had to check my watch. Thought I'd lost my mind but it appears not

Grimsby are not going to be Derby County's bench Mark if they are god help us. 

Archived