Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

Our away following is nowhere near as good as Leeds or Forest 

our home supporters create zero atmosphere

away teams love coming to Derby because no one fears us at home even when our form is decent

i think that we have always got a “reading at home” or “Bristol city away” performance in us. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our fans were good last night but not brilliant. A lot of fairweather fans who didnt sing. 

Also loads left after they scored a second instead of clapping the lads at the end. 

Much better support at West Brom last year.

Benny Feilhaber could have been an integral part of the squad for years if given the chance.

We should have signed Mounir El Hamdaoui permanently when we had the chance despite the injuries he had whilst on loan with us.

Billy Davies was a great gaffer and should never have been sacked.

I have no idea how we got promoted with Steve Howard up front.

At the time, I was all for Ian Holloway replacing Paul Jewell rather than Nigel

2 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Benny Feilhaber could have been an integral part of the squad for years if given the chance.

We should have signed Mounir El Hamdaoui permanently when we had the chance despite the injuries he had whilst on loan with us.

Billy Davies was a great gaffer and should never have been sacked.

I have no idea how we got promoted with Steve Howard up front.

At the time, I was all for Ian Holloway replacing Paul Jewell rather than Nigel

Agree with the Feilhaber one, remember seeing him at home against Liverpool and he looked a very capable player. 

18 hours ago, caymanram said:

Well, on the basis that they are both based in bigger cities than Derby then on some level statistics-wise you are correct....

I suppose I meant the general perception of the overall success and status of the club. It’s probably just not very fashionable to like us. 

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If Mel had arrived at Derby a decade earlier, we would have had a decade of excellent football in the Premier League under George Burley.

And to add, Burley with backing would have gone on to become one of Derby's greatest managers (top five).

I'm not sure financial backing from the owner would have kept him off the sauce.

39 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm not sure financial backing from the owner would have kept him off the sauce.

Did we ever know the truth of that?

These sorts of nasty rumours about us having affairs and George being a drinker started when he was at Derby. Despite the fact there is no truth in them, they have followed him about. 
"They were started by one nasty, bitter individual who wanted him out of the club. 
"Like most of us, George likes a glass of wine but he is no alcoholic and I can assure you our marriage is fine. 
"But my family know the truth, and those inside football also know the real George. Frankly, that is all that matters. 

Mrs B

Archived