Che Adams

Carnero

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rowett is like an 18 year old at a disco, going round all the birds asking if they fancy a snog, you just know he is gonna up with the fat bird at the end.

Anyone got Andy Reids number? 

Nowt wrong with the fat bird ,best advice I ever has was fook em all you might miss a good one.

1 hour ago, needles said:

Che Adams, meh. Not exciting, but GR knows him well ad if he thinks he can add something, good luck to him.

Can't help reflecting that I want to know what Darren Wassall said to Weimann or what he sprinkled on his cornflakes before that Hull away play-off.

Looking back, Wassall didn't do a bad job did he? Got us playing progressive football again. Was all going quite well until Redknapp convinced him to play hoofball in the first leg of the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I'm almost expecting now Marouane Fellani to be signed for £27 million on deadline day. Then Gary Rowett insist it wasn't a panic buy.

Not just to pick on you Inglorious, but why are so many saying this might be a panic buy, or he must be going further and further down a list.  I don't know much about Adams, but l know of his family :ph34r:, but Gary knows this player and clearly rates him. We also know from SDSR that we were in for him about a month plus ago. I would say it more likely that this guy has always been close to the top of his list. That all said this link has come from HITC. I will not consider it seriously until one of DEL's good twitter chums tells him it's a done deal :lol:

He's not really produced unbelievable performances that everyone's talking about so some will say he's not better than what we've got. Unfortunately our so called forwards haven't exactly set the world alight. It's an interesting one as he seems more of a central striker. I'll be very disappointed if he comes in for £5+ million and gets a start before vydra. I really do think that vydra is the one GR has to give a run in the team. He is made for playing upfront with a hold up striker. It worked with deeney at Watford I'm sure it can work with Martin. 

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

No, it means we are trying to cover our bases which is a sensible thing to do. To be honest, given the way folks are behaving already, the wailing and gnashing of teeth if nobody is brought in doesn't bear thinking about. Folk need to grasp that by implication, the demand and cost for the likes of Lawrence and Jota will probably make them harder to land than less high-profile players so having other irons in the fire makes perfect sense. Folk already seem to be looking for reasons to get on the gaffer's back and this just illustrates how hard it is to keep DCFC fans happy. Given the club has just made an increased offer for Lawrence how about we wait to see how that pans out before reaching for the razors, eh?

*Also, it's an HITC link so it may be utter bolarks anyway.

I wouldn't even be against Adams coming in. He's a young, promising player and I trust Rowett's judgement, just casually observing that maybe we have not be able to get the calibre of player we were aiming for (for whatever reason) and whether therefore it's money well spent if whoever comes in is only marginally going to improve what we already have; or whether spending more money to get a real upgrade would be wiser?

I'm not even sure of the answer myself, just pondering :)

I am really not sure what he could bring to our squad apart from just another number, when I have watched him live he didn't show as anything to want in our team and on tv I haven't changed my opinion and again if we can't improve on what we have then we should not bother. A central midfielder who moves forward quickly with quality is what I would like to see more than anything!

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Christ, we really are down the list now arent we. . . 

We've sold Tom Ince and are potentially replacing him with . . . Che Adams, what an anti climax that is. 

if this is the "very,very good" replacement Rowett was talking about then he's talking out of his a**e! 

no better than what we've got and will cost alot of money

Great isn't it? Sold the two most talented/creative players we had and now we are looking at bang average players like Adams who we don't even need anyway. How about GR just fills the gaps we have in midfield and on the wings before he starts trying to buy crap from his old club.

2 hours ago, Kyle guest said:

We're going to end up signing David cotterill aren't we??

Less than a million, easily the best performance by an away team player at Pride Park last season

Happy with that 

Something tells me that this isn't the issue, though 

We will not progress unless we sort the midfield out. Unless we get hold of one or two aggressive ball winners.

If not, we will be continually rolled over by our "up and at 'em" opponents. Of which there are many in our league. Especially away from home. 

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I wouldn't even be against Adams coming in. He's a young, promising player and I trust Rowett's judgement, just casually observing that maybe we have not be able to get the calibre of player we were aiming for (for whatever reason) and whether therefore it's money well spent if whoever comes in is only marginally going to improve what we already have; or whether spending more money to get a real upgrade would be wiser?

I'm not even sure of the answer myself, just pondering :)

The big question I guess is:

Would we rather over-spend in the hopes of getting a player who could hopefully be Ince's proper replacement

OR

Would we rather get an okayish squad player for the 'right' money

It could be that 'Arry wants cash + a player or players. According to the Birmingham Mail he has only 2 fit forwards at the moment so it may be that Adams is seen as a replacement for one of our current squad. I read somewhere today that 'Arry said that Blackman was the most impressive player in training whilst he was at Derby so who knows?

To me it seems as if all our targets are going tits up.  Seems like our negotiating skills have gone down the pan and our scouting network is sadly lacking.  There is life outside the UK you know Mr Morris, GR and Chief Scout?

We'd do better with Baden Powell running our scouting network. 

14 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Less than a million, easily the best performance by an away team player at Pride Park last season

Happy with that 

Something tells me that this isn't the issue, though 

We will not progress unless we sort the midfield out. Unless we get hold of one or two aggressive ball winners.

If not, we will be continually rolled over by our "up and at 'em" opponents. Of which there are many in our league. Especially away from home. 

We need someone who will score goals though cotterill won't score anymore than what we currently have and he's no better than what we have, would be very disappointed if we replaced ince with cotterill 

Having looked into stats, turns out he has played a few on the wing, I've only ever seen him down the middle. A bit like Russell before we signed him. 

For those wondering what type of player he is, think of a considerably better version of Mason Bennett. 

Would be a good addition at the right price, but as I said earlier, if we won't go higher than 7 million for Lawrence I doubt we will go high enough for Adams (or Robinson). 

Archived