Che Adams

Carnero

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

All very relevant points 

BUT

1) He's definitely not a valid Ince replacement - Maybe he will be in time but we need someone who's an upgrade on Russell and Weimann right now - And Adams isn't that

2) Is he actually any better than Bennett? We have a 21 yr old British player that we're hoping will develop - Do we need another?

On 2... he's scored and helped create a reasonable number of goals in the Championship and looked too good for League One two years ago. So on current evidence he is much further along than Bennett, who's not done that (yet).

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cheron85 said:

2) Is he actually any better than Bennett? We have a 21 yr old British player that we're hoping will develop - Do we need another?

He's definitely more experienced at this level and it's quite possible GR rates him higher than M. Bennett.

1 minute ago, Kennington Ram said:

On 2... he's scored and helped create a reasonable number of goals in the Championship and looked too good for League One two years ago. So on current evidence he is much further along than Bennett, who's not done that (yet).

Yeh - Probably should have had it as a 1b) :)

The point being - I don't think he's an improvement on what we currently have as first choice (Russell, Weimann and Vydra) - Therefore he classes as backup or one for the future - Which is the role Bennett currently has

So why bother spending the money on a backup player?

Christ, we really are down the list now arent we. . . 

We've sold Tom Ince and are potentially replacing him with . . . Che Adams, what an anti climax that is. 

if this is the "very,very good" replacement Rowett was talking about then he's talking out of his a**e! 

no better than what we've got and will cost alot of money

2 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

He's definitely more experienced at this level and it's quite possible GR rates him higher than M. Bennett.

Yeh but we already have at least 3 other players who are better than Bennett too - Further thoughts in post above :)

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh but we already have at least 3 other players who are better than Bennett too - Further thoughts in post above :)

I'd take him only because he's much younger and still has some time ahead to develop further as a player, while J. Russell, A. Weimann, I. Anya, N. Blackman have already reached their evolution peak and won't make any further progres in the future.

M. Vydra is a player of a different class.

18 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

All very relevant points 

BUT

1) He's definitely not a valid Ince replacement - Maybe he will be in time but we need someone who's an upgrade on Russell and Weimann right now - And Adams isn't that

He may not be as good as Ince, but he would be a huge improvement on Weimann. Don't understand what anyone can see him in that is positive except his work rate. Adams would instantly come in and be a massive upgrade on him. As said previously though, Lawrence should be the number 1 target in my eyes.

I hope this (and a number of other 'targets' we have been linked with recently) are merely ploys being used to further our pursuit of better players. 

If not, it looks like we are becoming desperate and starting to panic. There is no point spending money on players of a similar standard to the ones we already have. We have been doing far too much of that over the last couple of seasons. 

As I've said before, if they don't improve us, don't spend the money...

13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh - Probably should have had it as a 1b) :)

The point being - I don't think he's an improvement on what we currently have as first choice (Russell, Weimann and Vydra) - Therefore he classes as backup or one for the future - Which is the role Bennett currently has

So why bother spending the money on a backup player?

I guess this is where I disagree, I think he'd be likely to oust one of those two from a starting place.

Che Adams, meh. Not exciting, but GR knows him well ad if he thinks he can add something, good luck to him.

Can't help reflecting that I want to know what Darren Wassall said to Weimann or what he sprinkled on his cornflakes before that Hull away play-off.

11 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

I'd take him only because he's much younger and still has some time ahead to develop further as a player, while J. Russell, A. Weimann, I. Anya, N. Blackman have already reached their evolution peak and won't make any further progres in the future.

M. Vydra is a player of a different class.

Yeh but we don't need to be spending big money on players for the future - We need players to get promoted NOW

10 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

He may not be as good as Ince, but he would be a huge improvement on Weimann.

7 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

I guess this is where I disagree, I think he'd be likely to oust one of those two from a starting place.

Disagree with both of you - But fair enough

And I'm pretty sure Rowett would disagree with you both too :) I think Birmingham would be in the "any"

"Any Championship club I am sure would like Chris Martin, David Nugent, Matej Vydra, Johnny Russell and Andreas Weimann. We have got some really good options but we just want to freshen it up in a different way."

Think we've been linked with one too many players since the news came out about the rejected bid for Lawrence for it to be game playing....

Would prefer Robinson to Adams, with a prem loan. We need two out and out wingers. 

29 minutes ago, needles said:

As I've said before, if they don't improve us, don't spend the money...

☝️☝️☝️This☝️☝️☝️ ???

i like Che Adams but can't see that he's the answer. He's good but not all that especially if he's going to be more than (or anything like) what Fulham are supposed to have offered. 

Ive always thought a good gauge of how good a player is judging how highly the fans of that club rate him. Have a look on Birmingham messageboards and twitter to see the reaction of their fans. You won't find a bad word about Adams and all would be devestated to see him go. They rate him in the 10m+ bracket.

Get him signed Gaz!

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

I'm almost expecting now Marouane Fellani to be signed for £27 million on deadline day. Then Gary Rowett insist it wasn't a panic buy.

Fellani and Huddlestone in the holding roles in midfield?

Yes please.

£27 million wouldn't be ideal, though. Maybe a swap deal with Butterfield going the other way, where he goes on to lift the Champions League.

1 hour ago, needles said:

Che Adams, meh. Not exciting, but GR knows him well ad if he thinks he can add something, good luck to him.

Can't help reflecting that I want to know what Darren Wassall said to Weimann or what he sprinkled on his cornflakes before that Hull away play-off.

I believe he said to wieman ' I am dropping Ince as he never does anything in the big games especially when we just lost at home to hull 0-3 I am going to move Russell over to the right because he is better there and I need you to turn up and actually play' 

net result Derby win 2-0 Russell scores and wieman causing an own goal 

Archived