Spurs at Wembley

1of4

This season Spurs are playing their home games at Wembley. What will happen if they get to the FA Cup semi-final or even the final, should the ties be played at Wembley or should they be played elsewhere.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Spurs record at Wembley being poor (I'm told), maybe their opposition might be happy to pay them there?

I principle though, no, any semi-final with spurs in should be moved.

I suppose there is some contingency plan in place.

A semi-final involving Spurs would have to be played at the Arse or West Ham i suppose.

I'd make em play at the New Den personally so all their designer bearded hipster fans would get a good kicking sarf ov the rivah.

Sith Happens

They will still be played at Wembley, it won't have been discussed, if it has the response would have been a shrug of the shoulders.

Why would it matter? Because Spurs will know what the pitch is like and have an advantage? It's still Wembley. If anything it will be good for other team, their players and fans will be up for a chance to play in a major competition at Wembley and get a boost in performance, while Spurs may see it as another game and not raise their game accordingly. 

They've also yet to turn up in a big game at Wembley in a while (they were pants in Champs League last season)

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Surely nobody thinks the Charity Shield is an actual trophy? It's a glorified pre-season friendly.

Cause its a trophy and I was happy when we beat West Ham to win it.

To be fair, there's a few grounds that's be up to holding a semi final.

In London there's the Olympic or the Emirates,  there's Villa Park, Old Trafford, Stadium of Light, Sports direct@toongordie, Principality stadium Cardiff..enough to get one that's helpful to both teams. No need to ship everyone to London for a Newcastle vs Liverpool semi.

Archived