Ademola Lookman - Joined RB Leipzig

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard he's going to that french side...I can't bring myself to say it...

I'll leave it here before I make a spectacle of myself.

I'm not a fan of loans, developing other club's youngsters rather than our own. Lookman is a pacey 19 year old central striker. We have our own pacey 20 year old central striker who has won Premier League academy player of the month and who we have given a new two and a half year contact to just six months ago (while he was on his way back from injury, but he's back from injury now).

We wouldn't get Lookman without guarantees on his playing time making it even harder for any of our own to come through. I would far rather give Offrande Zanzala a chance to prove himself first, say start him against Grimsby, than block his path to the match squad for the whole of this coming season. Someone like Rashford was well down the pecking order at Man Utd but seized his chance when it arrived. Our players simply aren't getting that chance so we will never know whether they'd seize it or not.

30 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lookman is a pacey 19 year old central striker.

Assuming Everton are happy for us to develop him as a winger then he'd be a perfect loan signing. We desperately need competition for the wide positions. Exciting if it comes off. But if Everton want him to be a striker then Derby is not the right place.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm not a fan of loans, developing other club's youngsters rather than our own. Lookman is a pacey 19 year old central striker. We have our own pacey 20 year old central striker who has won Premier League academy player of the month and who we have given a new two and a half year contact to just six months ago (while he was on his way back from injury, but he's back from injury now).

We wouldn't get Lookman without guarantees on his playing time making it even harder for any of our own to come through. I would far rather give Offrande Zanzala a chance to prove himself first, say start him against Grimsby, than block his path to the match squad for the whole of this coming season. Someone like Rashford was well down the pecking order at Man Utd but seized his chance when it arrived. Our players simply aren't getting that chance so we will never know whether they'd seize it or not.

Agree with the principle Mr Sagan but a new signing would block Offrande's progress more given that loans tend to be a single season only.

I also think that GR might be looking at playing this lad on the left - just a hunch. As you have pointed out, the guarantees Everton would want will make this a tough one to sort and there will doubtless be a good few clubs happy to acquiesce to their demands in order to secure the lad's services. On admittedly limited evidence, he seems a very tidy young player.

Loaning players is nowadays like participating in a professional battery farm which ultimately costs you a lot of money for example just in our league last season Lawrence of Leicester was never going to properly play for them so they get a loan fee and probably a decent proportion of his wages paid he then has a decent season at Ipswich (his fourth loan) and all of a sudden Leicester want over £7 million for him when if he hadn't gone on loan a club could easily have picked him up for a nominal fee or even on a free. - personally I think all loans should be on the basis that a permanent transfer fee is agreed when the loan finishes. We would then have a situation where youngsters play for their clubs or are picked up by lower league clubs and actually play and they benifit when the mega wealthy premiership clubs want them.

chelsea have set an even higher loan situation where they loan out 40 plus each season which includes many established highly experienced internationals for huge fees when in reality they are never going to play for Chelsea for example Kalas who is again on loan at Fulham this season, a very good international defender who is starting his fourth! Consecutive Season on loan.

Chelsea are a club who basically hover up as many promising youngsters from here, across Europe and the World. 

They then develop them through there youth and under 21 and 23 teams. If it looks like the won't make the grade at Chelsea they are loaned out to clubs all over the UK and Europe. 

Some of the kids do very well which in turn inflates thier value. When the time is right Chelsea sell and make a big profit.

They generate large amounts of revenue this way.

I.e. Chaloahab, Aka, Stay etc

59 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Chelsea are a club who basically hover up as many promising youngsters from here, across Europe and the World. 

They then develop them through there youth and under 21 and 23 teams. If it looks like the won't make the grade at Chelsea they are loaned out to clubs all over the UK and Europe. 

Some of the kids do very well which in turn inflates thier value. When the time is right Chelsea sell and make a big profit.

They generate large amounts of revenue this way.

I.e. Chaloahab, Aka, Stay etc

The rich get richer whilst the poor are happy picking up the crumbs and do nothing to change the scenario 

Big shame if he goes on loan into the championship and we miss out - but I would imagine he's in and around the Everton squad. A supremely talented footballer, and still incredibly young. A year out in a good side in the championship would really do him some good. He will play at the top, I'm sure. Flair, pace and a finish. 

Archived