World Athletics Championships

1of4

30 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Womens 200M final and another 4th place for a British athlete. How many does that make at these championships. Will just missing out on medals be seen by some as a failure and question if the money given to British Athletics is being used correctly.

Hell of a performance by dina asher-smith considering that she broke her foot earlier this year.

Much less fuss than beckhams metatarsal in 2002. 

Been a disappointing champs in terms of medals but some good youngsters to come through. 

My biggest disappointment was katarina johnston -thompson who, sadly, seems to be a big stage bottler. We should empathise with that!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

My biggest disappointment was katarina johnston -thompson who, sadly, seems to be a big stage bottler. We should empathise with that!

I think both need to find a new motivational coach.

Perhaps this should be in the 'confess your unpopular opinions', but here goes.

I think the Beeb set themselves up for a fall in their coverage. It was billed as the 'Bolt&Farah wonder men spectacular', both proved to be be, sadly, mortal, which pee'd on Auntie's chips somewhat.

Rather overshadowed the unsung heros.

Also, I'll be glad to hear the back (so to speak) of Brendan Foster. He may be a lovely bloke, but his inane, repetitive, boring commentries drive me up the wall. I had a bet with myself as to how many times he would say 'Mo Farah' during the 12 1/2 lap 5K race (gun to tape) and decided on 20. I gave up counting after about 25.

Then there's the 'He knows what he's got to do', He knows where he needs to be', 'He's in a good position, controlling the race', 'He knows he needs to kick on' drivel, repeated ad nauseam. He tells us bugger all that we don't know already.

The trouble is, it's contagious, Cram and Paula do it as well. Oh for a Richie Benaud of athletics.

Who needs a commentary when the BBC gives us great camera angles during the races. Especially liked the shots taken from behind the British women 4×100M silver medallists while the mens race was taking place.

21 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Who needs a commentary when the BBC gives us great camera angles during the races. Especially liked the shots taken from behind the British women 4×100M silver medallists while the mens race was taking place.

Top viewing. Hope they repeat it.

On 12/08/2017 at 01:51, oomarkwright said:

There were like at least 3 men running tonight in the 800m women's semis. You just watch it n see. Unbelievable Jeff. 

They came 1st, 2nd and 4th in the final. The bloke who came 4th should be ashamed letting a woman beat him.

Archived