Callum Robinson

Cam the Ram

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

How many championship wingers are free scoring? We had Ince, but obviously he moved on, and I can't immediately think of another free scoring championship winger. Maybe Albert Adomah? But really, it's not that uncommon for championship wingers to not score too many.

And even with Adomah, he's been playing up front a fair bit this year and as his stats will show you, this season is an outlier to his career.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Would be a very good addition to the squad. Reminds me a lot of Lingard. He young and scores goals, just what we need from our attackers. Russell and Weimann dont score enough. Id have him 

Russell has five this season and even wieman has a couple 

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

How many championship wingers are free scoring? We had Ince, but obviously he moved on, and I can't immediately think of another free scoring championship winger. Maybe Albert Adomah? But really, it's not that uncommon for championship wingers to not score too many.

Ince had the whole team basically selected to enable him, I mean team formation 433 taking free kicks, taking penalties, taking corners. With reference to a more balanced team that we have now where everyone contributes 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Agree. My response was to a poster who said he would provide the goals that Russell, Weimann and Lawrence don't. The stats on him don't really back this up is my point.

Weimann under Rowett is pretty good tbf, I wonder how much of an upgrade he’d be. 

I think a loan deal would be best when sorting out the wingers, just need one quality addition who’s more like Lawrence than Weimann and Russell are. Don’t think Robinson, for a likely high transfer fee too, gives us that.

Criticisms of Lawrence have been over the top so far, he needs time to settle but for this season we need an alternative to him.

34 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Weimann under Rowett is pretty good tbf, I wonder how much of an upgrade he’d be. 

I think a loan deal would be best when sorting out the wingers, just need one quality addition who’s more like Lawrence than Weimann and Russell are. Don’t think Robinson, for a likely high transfer fee too, gives us that.

Criticisms of Lawrence have been over the top so far, he needs time to settle but for this season we need an alternative to him.

I would be really surprised if we bring another winger in. If Martin goes as well we will need another striker and then all we need is a central midfielder with energy and pace and maybe a back up keeper to Carson.....

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would be really surprised if we bring another winger in. If Martin goes as well we will need another striker and then all we need is a central midfielder with energy and pace and maybe a back up keeper to Carson.....

We have 3 wingers for 2 positions

we have 3 centre mids for 2 positions

wingers cover loads more ground and work harder than our centre mids. Why wouldn't we need another?

if Martin went we would still have 3 strikers for 1 starting position. I'd also argue if Vydra got a knock then Lawrence would move into his place so only 2 wingers then. A new winger is crucial.........unless Bennett is seen as capable of stepping in to maintain our promotion position in the table. Personally that thought worries me as he's hardly proven. Then there's Thomas also unproven and Anya who I think Rowett wants rid of.

a winger would be my priority. I wonder what Gary thinks.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

We have 3 wingers for 2 positions

we have 3 centre mids for 2 positions

wingers cover loads more ground and work harder than our centre mids. Why wouldn't we need another?

if Martin went we would still have 3 strikers for 1 starting position. I'd also argue if Vydra got a knock then Lawrence would move into his place so only 2 wingers then. A new winger is crucial.........unless Bennett is seen as capable of stepping in to maintain our promotion position in the table. Personally that thought worries me as he's hardly proven. Then there's Thomas also unproven and Anya who I think Rowett wants rid of.

a winger would be my priority. I wonder what Gary thinks.

Problem is we have question marks over the fitness of 2 of the 3 central midfielders and they are all in the same mould......we lack someone with pace and energy....

Rowett likes to make 3 attacking changes in a game so id imagine he would like the option of 2 wingers on the bench. Similar to goalie & centre mid I think its a case of line up a loan for Mitchell/Hanson/Bennett and bring in better/different/experienced replacements

Archived