Callum Robinson

Cam the Ram

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rather us not panic here. A month left in the window and players will become available. 

It looks as though Rowett is after a winger who's previously scored a good chunk of goals at this level and after Lawrence and Jota, Robinson is probably the next best who we have a realistic chance of signing. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

It looks as though Rowett is after a winger who's previously scored a good chunk of goals at this level and after Lawrence and Jota, Robinson is probably the next best who we have a realistic chance of signing. 

You're right. Quite impressed by his England youth record. Looks like he had a top season last year 

19 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Another one good season Blackman special. I swear our scouting teams have zero imagination. Maybe I'm being a bit too cynical, though. 

If a wide player had more than one good season at this level they tend to end up moving to a Prem club or top end Champ club...if you dont take that gamble then what tends to happen is someone else does and we all go 'we should have been in for him'. Its either someone like this or a complete unknown at this level either from lower leagues, abroad or a prem youth team on loan which in reality is even more of a gamble than someone who has shown they can play at this level

1 minute ago, Kyle guest said:

Would be great if we signed Robinson and Lawrence?

That'd be good enough for me IMO. Better than Blackman. ?????

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

1 minute ago, Kyle guest said:

Most people on this forum are probably better than Blackman 

3 pages in and Derby County's most talked about player has popped up again!

Not seen too much of him, but he's looked like a good player in the limited times I have seen him.

On paper, he's the sort of player I would like us to go for. A young talent on the way up. Someone you can invest in rather than just buy. Similar to Lawrence, whatever we would spend on him would hold a chance of getting a much bigger fee if he had one or two good seasons.

I'm not sure how much Preston would want. They know we have money, they know we're after a winger so they'll likely demand a high fee and who can blame them.

I'm also not sure what our 'ceiling' would be for this type of player. Considerably less than what we had in mind for Lawrence though I'd imagine. I also hope that this is a plan B we've had for a while rather than just a panic of who can we get now we can't have Lawrence.

4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

This thread has nothing to do with Nick Blackman. I'm not sure what the need is to drag him into it, and I'm also not sure why there was a need for an over the top use of the  laughing emoji?

Good to hear that we are after other targets. I'd like us to focus our business model on signing younger players so it's pleasing we are after young raw talent like Robinson and Lawrence. If it goes well then you double your money straight away. You just have to see it benefits to its maximum with Monaco. 

8 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I only worry because with every new target, it's one more name down our list. One step closer to signing David Cotterill...

I quite like David Cotterill.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

This thread has nothing to do with Nick Blackman. I'm not sure what the need is to drag him into it, and I'm also not sure why there was a need for an over the top use of the  laughing emoji?

Don't like it then don't read. 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Don't like it then don't read. 

Funnily enough I came on the thread to read about Callum Robinson, not yet another post spouting a load of drivel about Nick Blackman.

On a side note, how am I supposed to know whether I like it or not without reading it. Where's the facepalm emoji?

Archived