Make football great again

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Highgate said:

It is great.

Even with all it's flaws, it's still the best sport in the world. Nothing else comes close.

Whilst true, you can always improve on greatness. I try everyday but yet to succeed, won't stop me trying. 

15 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Technology to be for goal-line decisions only..

Now you see, you've gone and spoiled a perfectly good plan. Agreed with all your suggestions, in fact I would have been happy to nominate you for the presidency of FIFA, UEFA or the FA,

But goal-line technology?  The only technology needed to control a game of footy is a whistle and two flags. Anything beyond this is merely pandering to modernity.

You had it so right, and then blew it. Shame.

1 hour ago, Grimbeard said:

Now you see, you've gone and spoiled a perfectly good plan. Agreed with all your suggestions, in fact I would have been happy to nominate you for the presidency of FIFA, UEFA or the FA,

But goal-line technology?  The only technology needed to control a game of footy is a whistle and two flags. Anything beyond this is merely pandering to modernity.

You had it so right, and then blew it. Shame.

Duly noted. That's the last time I compromise when on a rant.

Tighten up FFP, ensure clubs breaking the rules are fined accordingly with fines AND points reductions

Impose a salary cap on all 92 league clubs.

Cap transfer fees at a maximum of £50m

Cap on ticket prices

Ensure the 8 homegrown players in the match day squad are actually homegrown and not stockpiled talent from around the globe.  They must be UK passport holders.

Make the fit & proper test for club owners actually fit & proper.  Insist that all funds linked to the club are kept in UK banks, and not dodgy offshore accounts (unless being applied to Fo***t)

Keep parachute payments, but cap them at £5m a season over 3 seasons.  The rest of the funds to be dispersed to grass roots projects. 

Have the League Cup competed by Championship/L1/L2 clubs only, scraping the Johnson's paint trophy or whatever it's called.

Actually punish players for dissent & surrounding the ref/linesmen

Calling a linesman, a linesman.  None of this assistant referee swollocks

Scrap FA cup semi finals at Wembley, revert to 3pm kick off for the final, with the coverage starting at 12pm.  It must include bloopers from the season like in the old days

Two week winter break, after the FA Cup 3rd round, for Premiership & Championship

No more games on Friday night

One game from each league to be shown on free-to-view TV per week

Championship & League 1 & 2 sponsors such as Check-a-trade & Screwfix told to do one.  Like tradesman, and working class people are the only ones who watch non Premier League football.  Class divides even in football

Rail seating for safe standing at any club wishing to participate, providing a safety check is carried out year on year

Archived