Neymar

Sith Happens

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

How do you know he is a c***, to take your line how many times have you met him?

Massive zero.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You just have to see his attitude in training and how he deliberately provoked the new Barca signing Nelson Semedo by attempting to bully him but Semedo stuck up for himself and Neymar went off crying then. No-one in spain likes him because the way he plays in matches is disrespectful in matches to opponents. You just have to see Barca fans reaction, the majority of them are glad that he's leaving. 

It has been said on numerous occasions what a great trainer he is how he trains really well.......there doesn't seem to be a direct correlation to that and being a nice guy....?

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

It has been said on numerous occasions what a great trainer he is how he trains really well.......there doesn't seem to be a direct correlation to that and being a nice guy....?

Funny that because he got told off many times for his partying and poor attitude to training. He even got sent off in one game deliberately so he could miss games to celebrate his birthday. It's all good when he's performing well on the pitch but when he isn't, that's when it becomes problematic. He also told Brazil fans and Barcelona fans to go to hell. Sounds like a nice bloke.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Maybe...... or maybe not. Doesn't matter anyway, don't like it, don't read it.

It does matter because you called Neymar c*** though. 

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Funny that because he got told off many times for his partying and poor attitude to training. He even got sent off in one game deliberately so he could miss games to celebrate his birthday. It's all good when he's performing well on the pitch but when he isn't, that's when it becomes problematic. He also told Brazil fans and Barcelona fans to go to hell. Sounds like a nice bloke.

Cant blame him for leaving, moving to a bigger club, better country for more money...why wouldn't you?

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Cant blame him for leaving, moving to a bigger club, better country for more money...why wouldn't you?

Can't really disagree with that. But hey on the plus side you should be happy that Neymar's leaving because the victims will be losing their best player ?

Would be nice to think Barca wouldn't go out and blow this £200m on a couple of players.

Whilst they may not have a like for like replacement, does the Barca conveyor belt not have anyone at all worthy of giving a chance to?

Chance to learn and play alongside Messi wouldn't be a bad thing for any young player. 

The Barcelona conveyor belt seems to be broken of late. Of course they have resigned one of their own Deulofeu, and maybe he'll get more of a run out now that Neymar is leaving. But given that Barca are a fan owned club, with no owner to extract profits, the Neymar money will be burning a hole in their pockets. They'll definitely be trying to spend most of it on big name replacements.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Funny that because he got told off many times for his partying and poor attitude to training.

Neymar is a football genius. He's one of the top 5 in the world and a huge draw regarding everything he does. I think it's good business by Barca though. 200 million and with Messi dominating barca's shirt sales they shouldn't lose what psg will gain in shirt sales by signing him. Neymar was also starting to lose face at Barca over the last season or so due to his off field antics and also odd outburst on the training pitch. 

He is badly advised by his entourage at times though. I think his move comes down not only to greed (his and those around him that will benefit) but also he's been playing second fiddle to Messi. He wants to be top dog. 

At any other club in the world bar Real and Barca he would I think be top dog. I can see why he's moving just disappointed it's to PSG another boring league where there is a huge gulf in class between the top few and the rest. 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Because scoring goals against all the amazing teams in Spain like Granada and Leganes was sooooo hard....!

The standard in Spain is miles better than France. I don't think there can be any denying this?

Neymar proving himself against Madrid, Atletico, Valencia, Villarreal, Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Español, Celta Vigo etc. I think would warrant further praise than doing it against St. Etienne, Tolouse, Nantes, Lille, Marseille, Troyes etc.

2 hours ago, David said:

Would be nice to think Barca wouldn't go out and blow this £200m on a couple of players.

Whilst they may not have a like for like replacement, does the Barca conveyor belt not have anyone at all worthy of giving a chance to?

Chance to learn and play alongside Messi wouldn't be a bad thing for any young player. 

Barca currently don't have anyone coming through as far as I'm aware.

It's a bit of shame the last batch didn't make the grade after doing well for the B side.

The likes of Traore, Munir, Bojan, Jeffren, Bartra, Montoya, Romeu, J Dos Santos, Tello and Cuenca were all tipped for big things but the only two to really come out and make it were Segi Roberto and Thiago (now at Bayern).

It's not like these players weren't given a chance, they just weren't good enough to break in to an elite squad.

It's also hard to compare. Barca's La Masia products don't always produce the best players. The hit a golden generation with Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Pedro and Messi.

Similar to United's 90s generation.

He will be able to cruise along in the French league without breaking sweat. He will be top dog and the centre of attention. He will earn ridiculous sums of money. But he will never now prove that he was even close to being a Messi.

And he knows that and its a massive part of why he is moving..

The other reason is he is banking on having a stellar world cup next year and being the star man..An easy season in a really poor French league will at least mean he is fresh - but these best laid plans have a habit of biting you when least expected, no gimme that he will star at the next World Cup so massive risk.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The standard in Spain is miles better than France. I don't think there can be any denying this?

Neymar proving himself against Madrid, Atletico, Valencia, Villarreal, Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Español, Celta Vigo etc. I think would warrant further praise than doing it against St. Etienne, Tolouse, Nantes, Lille, Marseille, Troyes etc.

I could score goals playing for Barcelona against most of the trip in the Spanish league....for every Madrid there is a Granda, for every Athletico there is a Las Palmas.

The French leagues best teams 3 teams aren't as good as the best 3 teams in Spain but after that they are all equally as crap as one another.

Its a great move for him, better country, better club and loads more money, no one on earth would have turned it down.

What an excellent move by Neymar on every level.

On a footballing level, the challenge of cementing Paris St. Germain as an elite club who can genuinely compete in Europe must be exciting. On a financial level, it's an absolute no-brainer if the reported figures are true. On a personal level, what a life to be had in one of the best cities in the world.

That said, I give it two years and he'll be playing in the Premier League.

I think it makes sense for Neymar in more than just money terms. He is going to be the star of PSG. The star of the entire French league.

While Messi is at Barcelona, he'll never be the star. If Barcelona have a successful season & win the league and European double, who wins the Balon d'Or? Not Neymar. If PSG win the league and European double, Neymar is in with a great chance of breaking the duopoly over the Balon d'Or for nearly 10 years.

The money alone is obviously a big enough draw, but he was hardly living paycheck to paycheck in Spain. It looks like he wants to be #1, and this move gives him a better shot at being just that.

26 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think it makes sense for Neymar in more than just money terms. He is going to be the star of PSG. The star of the entire French league.

While Messi is at Barcelona, he'll never be the star. If Barcelona have a successful season & win the league and European double, who wins the Balon d'Or? Not Neymar. If PSG win the league and European double, Neymar is in with a great chance of breaking the duopoly over the Balon d'Or for nearly 10 years.

The money alone is obviously a big enough draw, but he was hardly living paycheck to paycheck in Spain. It looks like he wants to be #1, and this move gives him a better shot at being just that.

Exactly!

PSG have had some big names, some excellent players and some genuine poster boys over the years - think Ronaldinho, Ibrahimovic, Weah et al - but none of them were able to take the club to the level of champions of Europe. That alone is incentive enough for a player like Neymar.

While I agree that winning Ligue 1 and the Coupe de France and scoring 30-40 goals in the process won't elevate Neymar's chances of winning such an award, you simply have to think bigger.

if Neymar inspires PSG to a first Champions League title, taking the club to new heights and putting them firmly in the elite, it'll be enough to put him in the conversation for the Ballon d'Or.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I could score goals playing for Barcelona against most of the trip in the Spanish league....for every Madrid there is a Granda, for every Athletico there is a Las Palmas.

The French leagues best teams 3 teams aren't as good as the best 3 teams in Spain but after that they are all equally as crap as one another.

Its a great move for him, better country, better club and loads more money, no one on earth would have turned it down.

It's funny you mentioned Las Palmas, as last season they drew 3-3 at the Bernabeu and 2-2 at home. How many midtable French teams do you think are capable of that?

And after the best three they're all equal? Sevilla, three-time Europa League winner in succession are the same equally crap level as Lyon? Villarreal, Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Celta Vigo, Espanyol, Valencia etc. Are miles better than the French sides outside the top three. It's madness to suggest otherwise.

Part of me understands why Neymar would move. But I don't think you can win a Balon d'Or by scoring a bucketload in that league and winning a domestic treble. Ibrahimovic didn't even make the top 3, and he netted 38 league goals the other year.

Neymar would have to win the CL just to be in discussion. The problem is, PSG are competing in an era containing stunning Barcelona and Real Madrid sides with arguably the two best players ever. It's an uphill task.

Archived