RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

On 05/01/2018 at 13:02, zaragozaram said:

I know the game is not live on Rams TV tonight, however does anyone know if the full game is being shown on Rams TV tomorrow or Sunday, like other league games? Daughters 16th Birthday party tonight so can´t watch or listen but I could avoid the score until the morning.

Online now https://www.dcfc.co.uk/fixtures/results/2018/01/05/manchester-united-v-1st-team#fullmatch

Posted in the Academy thread but adding in here that today is another free RamsTV U23 showing We're twenty minutes in away at Sunderland, drawing 0-0 but dominating the game.

Nice that the in-app casting is back for games like this as it is a better way of doing things.

Ooops, letting your standards slip for brum v derby.

the sound for the pre-match programme is dreadful with tom loakes or owen having an open mike which obliterates the studio sound and report by michael johnson.

Edited by RamNut

28 minutes ago, RamNut said:

the sound for the pre-match programme is dreadful with tom loakes or owen having an open mike which obliterates the studio sound and report by michael johnson.

I'm really struggling with the autoplay videos. It's like trying to open up a story on the DET, but the paper is doing it in desperation for advertising revenue whereas for the club it seems to be to highlight a recent video. We're not stupid and can look at them ourselves! I've even gone to the trouble of finding and installing the Chrome "html5 video autoplayer blocker"  just for the Rams TV site but it hasn't worked.

However, there's a crazy glitch. If I'm not logged in I can close the autoplaying video and not have it bothering me and getting in the way of the site. But when I'm logged in and close the video, the sound keeps playing in the background even though the video is no longer there! So, if I'm going on the site without needing to do things as me, I don't log in which surely is unhelpful for the club who will want to kow as much detail as possible about who is on the website.

44 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Yeah sound was funny all game. I liked ted mcmin and his hatred for brum tho. Although they talk loads Jack and Shane. Gutted I'm gonna miss next two games tho cause they're on way too late here... I've noticed a couple of things tho... If you leave the stream after its finished you can see the post match interviews live and postmatch extra. And if you press info you can see how many viewers the stream has had - looks like there's only been 60k views over the whole season... I wonder if that's more or less than they'd expected.

Edited by alexxxxx

I think the sound was wrong for the commentary team too. They kept going on about how quiet it was, and that you could hear a pin drop.

But they were watching the video feed at pride park, not actually at the ground.

I'd expect the club to be fined for showing the penalty on the big screens. Everyone knows that this isn't allowed, so I presume it was a calculated call to whip the fans up and put pressure on the referee. Sadly there wasn't enough time for it to make a difference. Here's Lee Johnson commenting on it:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-boss-lee-johnson-1093236

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd expect the club to be fined for showing the penalty on the big screens. Everyone knows that this isn't allowed, so I presume it was a calculated call to whip the fans up and put pressure on the referee. Sadly there wasn't enough time for it to make a difference. Here's Lee Johnson commenting on it:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-boss-lee-johnson-1093236

I believe when Sky do the game, Rams TV just take the feed from their truck as on replays you get a lot of the Sky on screen graphics when watching in the stadium. 

Probably an honest mistake but they need to do something about that to not show replays of those sort of decisions. 

As if there was any time for that to happen!

Personally feel the rule is stupid - every little move of the team, manager, fans is there for everyone to see after the game, including the performance of the referees. Yet the leagues protect the referees to ridiculous lengths, don't discuss or share with the public what they do to put right inadequate performances.

Maybe if the EFL and PL were a bit more open we would be a bit more understanding of what a difficult job it is to do. Ort maybe they just better bring in the video technology asap and get with the real world. 

On 1/20/2018 at 10:25, angieram said:

Maybe if the EFL and PL were a bit more open we would be a bit more understanding of what a difficult job it is to do. Ort maybe they just better bring in the video technology asap and get with the real world. 

It is a very difficult job at any level. Just like players, referees will make mistakes. Unless VAR is improved and fully introduced into the pro game, then showing controversial incidents on screen isn't really going to help in any way. It could even make the situation worse with referees feeling pressure and doing something to rectify their initial mistake. 

On 20/01/2018 at 01:06, Carl Sagan said:

6 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Probably happens regularly at clubs like man united with nothing said or any punishment. So I expect a huge fine and points deduction.

Such a stupid rule.

in the nba or nfl they show the replays after ok the big screen - like the Vikings catch first ruled a TD that hit the ground on Sunday - crowd goes ? so what ? What does it matter we saw it after ? That adds to the thrill and entertainment of a game day. It’s like a Stone Age rule. EFL needs to get with the times ffs.