RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Mate,you should still have a cast button on your phone to enable casting....I've just watched the highlights on my tv using it.

Granted it's not as good as a dedicated icon on the app itself but it works fine

Nope not for me mate, there used to be a cast icon on browser to enable casting but as of last Thursday it's disappeared.

Queried with support:

Thank you for your email, Unfortunately, the EFL have blocked the use of Chromecast, Apple TV or any other media device players. These are against EFL restrictions concerning broadcasting matches, meaning video content cannot be made available. You can still connect RamsTV to a television via an HDMI cable. 

Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Kind regards,
Ben
DCFC Support Team

@angieram

28 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Nope not for me mate, there used to be a cast icon on browser to enable casting but as of last Thursday it's disappeared.

Queried with support:

Thank you for your email, Unfortunately, the EFL have blocked the use of Chromecast, Apple TV or any other media device players. These are against EFL restrictions concerning broadcasting matches, meaning video content cannot be made available. You can still connect RamsTV to a television via an HDMI cable. 

Apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Kind regards,
Ben
DCFC Support Team

@angieram

It's working on my phone and my chromebook...I don't see how they could block you casting to be honest,it would be pretty difficult to achieve.

Not strictly on topic, but very closely related - an article in The Guardian about how Liverpool are refusing Radio 5 Live full commentary access to their next European CL game and are instead intending to broadcast it themselves on their web site - free to those that register.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/03/liverpool-bbc-five-live-rights-broadcast-spartak

It will be interesting to see where all this goes.  TV currently brings in big money but the bigger clubs will feel that they could do even better selling their own rights packages through their own TV channels; radio could get squeezed in the meantime whilst leagues (through their smaller clubs) and FAs hold the 'we're all in this together' line.

Wondering if it's a case of having to stream it on the device you paid for it with ?? I can stream normal rams tv content on the MacBook but not the live stream ,, tried paying for it on my MacBook but for some strange reason kept getting card declined but goes through fine on iPad ,,,, grrrrrrr tech can be so frustrating at times 

Whilst the chromecast logo is there for people to stream onto their TV's you have to think about it this way, although RamsTV is separate from the EFL's, ifollow which most other clubs are using, the club are still in the EFL and are therefore at the mercy of the EFL broadcasting agreement.

The EFL don't want people streaming games up to their TV's for whatever reason, whether that be because in theory people could just stream a game in a pub to multiple people under one subscription. RamsTV get around this by hinting that you connect an HDMI cable to your TV instead. So whilst chromecast might work for some but not others i dont think there is anything they can really do about it as their hands are tied. Sky are the biggest sports broadcasters in the country and even they dont have airplay and chromecast. 

36 minutes ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

Whilst the chromecast logo is there for people to stream onto their TV's you have to think about it this way, although RamsTV is separate from the EFL's, ifollow which most other clubs are using, the club are still in the EFL and are therefore at the mercy of the EFL broadcasting agreement.

The EFL don't want people streaming games up to their TV's for whatever reason, whether that be because in theory people could just stream a game in a pub to multiple people under one subscription. RamsTV get around this by hinting that you connect an HDMI cable to your TV instead. So whilst chromecast might work for some but not others i dont think there is anything they can really do about it as their hands are tied. Sky are the biggest sports broadcasters in the country and even they dont have airplay and chromecast. 

The point I keep making is, my chromecast logo / cast icon has been removed from my browser. As it has for some people but not others. I had it until last Wednesday but now there is no logo/icon to click! When I queried it with support, they informed me that the EFL have blocked the use of Chromecast, Apple TV or any other media device players.

Yet other people eg @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong still have the cast icon/logo!

Makes no sense :(

I tried the "mirror screen" option via Google Home but the picture flickers and is not synced up with sound.

17 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

The point I keep making is, my chromecast logo / cast icon has been removed from my browser. As it has for some people but not others. I had it until last Wednesday but now there is no logo/icon to click! When I queried it with support, they informed me that the EFL have blocked the use of Chromecast, Apple TV or any other media device players.

Yet other people eg @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong still have the cast icon/logo!

Makes no sense :(

I tried the "mirror screen" option via Google Home but the picture flickers and is not synced up with sound.

The cast icon is on my phone's drop down screen and lets me cast whatever I am watching on my phone....rams TV or whatever.....same on my chromebook.

The cast icon isn't dependant on whether rams TV allows me to cast or not....it just does it.

Screenshot_20171204-101558.png

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The cast icon is on my phone's drop down screen and lets me cast whatever I am watching on my phone....rams TV or whatever.....same on my chromebook.

The cast icon isn't dependant on whether rams TV allows me to cast or not....it just does it.

Screenshot_20171204-101558.png

I need a better phone!

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What have you got?

Any recent android phone,even if it's a cheapo £50 one off eBay will have the feature 

Time to upgrade!

Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) but I don't see a cast button on the dropdown screen :(

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can someone summarise what I need to do to get the images of the game from my iPhone on to my TV, please :)

To get them from your iPhone to your TV you can get an HDMI adapter, this sort of thing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightning-Digital-Adapter-iPhone-connected/dp/B074GMMHD5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512398290&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+hdmi+adapter

I think some people have also been using airplay devices such as Apple TV and Chromecast but these are not supported and if something goes wrong with them it isnt the club's responsibility to fix it as its against the EFL broadcasting rights deal. I think it works for some people but not others but i dont think the club can do anything about that.   

2 hours ago, TheAllestreeRam said:

To get them from your iPhone to your TV you can get an HDMI adapter, this sort of thing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightning-Digital-Adapter-iPhone-connected/dp/B074GMMHD5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512398290&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+hdmi+adapter

I think some people have also been using airplay devices such as Apple TV and Chromecast but these are not supported and if something goes wrong with them it isnt the club's responsibility to fix it as its against the EFL broadcasting rights deal. I think it works for some people but not others but i dont think the club can do anything about that.   

It works for any recent android phone that has a cast feature and has a Chromecast.....just bring up the cast icon on your settings screen and press it when you are watching rams TV...voila,it's on your TV.

Rams TV haven't inbedded a cast symbol directly into the app because the EFL won't let them that's all.