RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

12 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

It's still far from perfect. You don't get this crap with YouTube and that's free.

And it's not like dcfc tv doesn't have adverts, either.

YouTube don't have to wrap their videos in protection though. It's a very different thing.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A couple of hiccups today but I think that was more down to my WiFi. Although around the 82nd min mark the picture froze with the commentary still running. 

Same as mine, all ok till the last 5/6 minutes then froze about 10 times!

2 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Same as mine, all ok till the last 5/6 minutes then froze about 10 times!

Everything went smoothly for me today, performance was better then the score line reflected. If you had problems though email website@dcfc.co.uk so they can have a look and stop it from happening again in the next match. 

Again it worked faultlessly for me today over here in the good old U S of A. 

One thing was weird about it though, at the end of the game a caption came on the screen that said “Man of the match Andreas  Weinmann” and obviously this was some sort of weird mistake wasn’t it......?

Edited by MuespachRam

20 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Annoyed that there is no longer a cast icon due to "EFL broadcasting regulations".... what they have got to do with rams tv meets, press conferences, under 23 games, etc lord only knows.

Subscription cancelled.

I'm pretty sure you've never been able to cast it? Can't you just cast the web browser screen anyway?

Anyway - I'm moving to a new country in the next few weeks, anyone with pretty slow/patchy internet had luck with RamsTV live video? What's minimum speed? Is 3G OK or is it 4G only?? Working out my options..... 

Edited by alexxxxx

11 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I'm pretty sure you've never been able to cast it? Can't you just cast the web browser screen anyway?

Anyway - I'm moving to a new country in the next few weeks, anyone with pretty slow/patchy internet had luck with RamsTV live video? What's minimum speed? Is 3G OK or is it 4G only?? Working out my options..... 

I’ve watched using 3g. It was actually better than the WiFi I was using in the summer.

No 3G/4G connections are the same between networks/areas so it's not a simple yes/no answer, the best thing would be to try one game, if that works look at the annual pass to save money. If you are in an area with patchy 4G it's best to disable it and run a more consistent 3G signal.

Same with wifi really, theres so many factors that come in to play which are beyond the clubs control which is why you see issues for some and not for others.

I live in a new build small house, paper walls, 70meg internet, nobody else using the connection, full signal around the house everything is great not a single issue when live streaming the U23s.

Go to my mate large house, 50mb wifi in the lounge, can barely get a webpage to load in his kitchen on a 3 bar signal.

Some modern routers also can switch between modes, 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz, 2.5 being slower speeds and better range where as 5 is faster speed but shorter range, the routers try and "intelligently" pick the best mode for where you are and that can change without even moving. These changes can sometimes result in drop outs with your connection. 

Best to disable this feature and separate your connections, that way you can avoid these. 

Finally if anyone is seriously still using any Microsoft browser be it Internet Explorer or Edge you're doing the internet all wrong, uninstall and download Chrome, will take some getting used to but it will honestly change your internet experience, even this forum will run better and quicker. 

I don't really understand much of this technical stuff but when I play Rams TV through the DCFC app, it keeps stopping - even short interviews. Same interviews play fine when I view through the website. This is the same on my phone, tablet or laptop. 

That would suggest it is a wifi problem, but also happens on my work wifi, which is far superior to my home one. 

Also, based on an earlier recommendation I was going to buy chromecast to watch the under 23 games on my TV - are we now saying this isn't possible? 

49 minutes ago, David said:

Some modern routers also can switch between modes, 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz, 2.5 being slower speeds and better range where as 5 is faster speed but shorter range, the routers try and "intelligently" pick the best mode for where you are and that can change without even moving. These changes can sometimes result in drop outs with your connection.  

This.

If your laptop connects to a 2G Wi-Fi and your phone to a 5G, consider buying a 5G dongle if your laptop experience is lacking compared to your phone. It's about a fiver on ebay.

13 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Annoyed that there is no longer a cast icon due to "EFL broadcasting regulations".... what they have got to do with rams tv meets, press conferences, under 23 games, etc lord only knows.

Subscription cancelled.

Mate,you should still have a cast button on your phone to enable casting....I've just watched the highlights on my tv using it.

Granted it's not as good as a dedicated icon on the app itself but it works fine

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I don't really understand much of this technical stuff but when I play Rams TV through the DCFC app, it keeps stopping - even short interviews. Same interviews play fine when I view through the website. This is the same on my phone, tablet or laptop. 

That would suggest it is a wifi problem, but also happens on my work wifi, which is far superior to my home one. 

Also, based on an earlier recommendation I was going to buy chromecast to watch the under 23 games on my TV - are we now saying this isn't possible? 

You can still use it.....

When in try to watch on my MacBook Pro the stream doesn't start and I just get an error code / message but it works no prob on my iPad ,, any ideas ? Want to use MacBook as I can connect to tv with cable as sending through Apple TV wirelessly is ver jerky picture

Edited by archied