RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

On 28/07/2019 at 21:35, TKWhy said:

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty much a daily lurker here, and I posted a few times a couple years ago when I made it to my first home game.  I am a RamsTV subscriber (since day one) and and have generally been happy with the product.  This summer, after the playoff final, I figured I would look to save some money for the summer and cancel until August.  I wasn't planning on using the service much over the summer anyway.  I went online and discovered that apparently the only way to cancel is to reach out via email to website@dcfc.co.uk and make the request.  So that's exactly what I did.  Here is where things get discouraging.

I first reached out to the website@dcfc.co.uk email address on the 29th of May requesting to freeze my monthly membership for the summer and asking about different payment models that might be available for the 2019/2020 season.  I received no response.  

I then followed up on the 18th of June as my subscription was set to renew with another charge due for the 21st of June.  I reiterated that I wished to cancel before that charge was made. 

On the 24th of June, I received an automated email alerting me of the automatic renewal despite my wishes to cancel.  I responded to this email requesting, once again, that my membership be discontinued.  I also requested to have the charge refunded.  

Two days later on the 26th of June, I still had not received a response to any of my three messages to the website@dcfc.co.uk address.  I then reached out to the Derby.county@dcfc.co.uk address with a summary of my previous attempts and a request to be put in touch with someone from customer support who could assist me on this matter.  This time I received an automated reply confirming that my query has been received and that there would be an aim to respond within 14 days.  

On July 10th, after that 14 days had passed with nothing but the automated reply, I decided to reach out directly via email to the club SLO.  I summarized my attempts to that point in my message and got nothing but the same automated reply about 14 days.  I again heard nothing until July 22, when I received another automated message to notify me that another month's subscription had been charged to my account.  ?

I sent out another series of emails that day to every email address I could find summarizing my grievances and asking to be refunded.  

Last Thursday night I received another email that appears automated confirming the cancellation of my subscription.  Nothing about any refund or any kind of apology.  Ironically, it is the time of the summer when I would have been re-subscribing if things had gone according to plan.

Long post, I know...sorry.  In retrospect I probably should have posted publicly here about this earlier in the summer and maybe I would have gotten some sound advice.  I guess at this point I would just ask if anyone has a reliable human customer support contact at the club they can put me in touch with?  I'm not trying to make a big issue out of this, just wish to be treated fairly.

Thanks all! ?

Strange. Last summer and this summer I requested to cancel by subscription and got a reply within a day or two. On this latest occasion, I waited until 2 days before a new subscription charge would take place (may have been a weekend but can't recall). They cancelled it on the day it charged me. A quick email to explain the situation and I was refunded on the very same day.

Note for all: "If you wish to cancel your subscription, Please email website@dcfc.co.uk with your full name, address, DOB and FanID if possible so a member of our team can assist your further." dcfc.co.uk
Send those details in you email for a quicker resolution.

Seems RamsTV cannot show Derby vs Hudds on Monday in Canada, but when I inquired to DAZN Canada who usually show Sky games in Canada, they said "Thanks for contacting DAZN Customer Support. We understand you are seeking information regarding available content and we'd be happy to assist. Due to rights and restrictions, DAZN Canada will not be streaming Derby County vs Huddersfield on August 5th. "

Thus can RamsTV re-assess and show the game in Canada?! I have no idea who is showing the game in Canada since it clearly isn't DAZN.

Any Rams fans in Canada have any insight?

5 hours ago, dabber said:

Seems RamsTV cannot show Derby vs Hudds on Monday in Canada, but when I inquired to DAZN Canada who usually show Sky games in Canada, they said "Thanks for contacting DAZN Customer Support. We understand you are seeking information regarding available content and we'd be happy to assist. Due to rights and restrictions, DAZN Canada will not be streaming Derby County vs Huddersfield on August 5th. "

Thus can RamsTV re-assess and show the game in Canada?! I have no idea who is showing the game in Canada since it clearly isn't DAZN.

Any Rams fans in Canada have any insight?

The other EFL games seem to be shown in Canada. If DAZN have the rights and for some reason decide not to screen it, i'm not sure Derby can do anything about it.. i imagine it is just a scheduling issue and it will appear in the next few days.

26 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

The other EFL games seem to be shown in Canada. If DAZN have the rights and for some reason decide not to screen it, i'm not sure Derby can do anything about it.. i imagine it is just a scheduling issue and it will appear in the next few days.

It's all down to EFL broadcasting rights. The club can't really do anything about it as they get sent the list each season and pass this information onto us. 

Just got another e-mail back from DAZN and now they are saying the game is on in Canada! Not sure what time zone 6:39PM refers to?

Good news!

Thank you for contacting DAZN customer support, I will be glad to help you.

We are so sorry for the miss understand and information provided to you, but we have just confirmed that the Derby County vs Huddersfield event it is confirmed on August 05th at 6:39PM 

£10 for three preseason games on RamsTV. Got Sky so saw Hudders live. Watched it again directly after it finished as recorded on Sky. Watched first half on Sky recorded again. Watched all videos on RamsTV. I know. Hudders game was on my birthday so all is good. Still recovering from Rooney signing. Pity that he cannot start right away. dcfcfans Forum is outstanding. Mega exciting. van der Rampage.