RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

@OwenB87, can we listen to RamsTV commentary in games like this one in future?

I'm sure it's something we could explore, but I'm not sure how useful it would be in practice.

As I've mentioned before, commentating for TV is very different to a radio commentary. I'm not really describing, just trying to add to the pictures, so I'm not sure you'd get much of a picture of the action ?‍♂️

I know when there was an issue with Radio Derby's feed earlier in the season one chap on Twitter was irate about my lack of description. 

53 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

I'm sure it's something we could explore, but I'm not sure how useful it would be in practice.

As I've mentioned before, commentating for TV is very different to a radio commentary. I'm not really describing, just trying to add to the pictures, so I'm not sure you'd get much of a picture of the action ?‍♂️

I know when there was an issue with Radio Derby's feed earlier in the season one chap on Twitter was irate about my lack of description. 

You could just say "we're attacking" or "we're defending" and it would be better than RD.

14 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

I don't know, this guy was *really* angry. 

You could always play the away side's local radio. ? They were superb last night. 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is there any way to mute the small group of idiots that sit near the RamsTV team on matchdays? I don't want to have to listen to them moaning "forward" or "ger a move on" for the first 20 minutes of every game.

You must have the ‘VR’ subscription package 

On 05/02/2020 at 11:00, SaintRam said:

You could always play the away side's local radio. ? They were superb last night. 

I did that for the Northampton game!

The local commentators clearly enjoyed the game and the chance to see a quality team and genuine enthusiasm and commitment.

Now that RD has de-Rammaged we hope to be able to admire the plants and shrubs instead of just the weeds and creepy crawlies whether on a stroll in the park or struggling uphill!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/03/2020 at 07:25, richinspain said:

Excellent work by RamsTV to show old (and new) footage to pass away some time. Keep up the good work, but please whilst maintaining yourselves safe.

Seconded. I'd not been able to get to Carrow Road in 2018 and really enjoyed that.  Likewise I was in Tenerife when we played Palace in '96 so the Full 90 was also new to me. This was, of course, pre mobile phone technology, so I had to wait for the game to finish to visit a phone box at the end of the street where our hotel was located. When I called my Dad, all he said was "Two-one!" 

To this day, I expect there must have been some passers by who thought I'd completely lost the plot as they watched my celebrations.

• 2 months later...

On the BBC website today there is a survey that suggests that 43% of disabled fans feel that their mental health has been affected by the lack of live sport to watch during lockdown.

I’m not disabled but I empathise with that view, much more than I would have anticipated pre-Covid, and whilst I still think that all leagues should have cancelled themselves with no champions, promotion or relegation, I am really looking forward to next Saturday on RamsTV.

And to RamsTV, @OwenB87 and all (including the players) may I say a big thank you for all your efforts in keeping us going in the meantime?  Some of the stuff you have produced has been nothing short of excellent and some reputations have been enhanced - if Liam Rosenior doesn’t go on to have a fantastic career then there is no justice, if Curtis doesn’t end up in the media somewhere then the media is blind and I hope that Waggy’s son continues to keep his cheeky outlook on life (probably inherited from his dad); it was good to see some of Fozzy’s home life, great to see old matches and old legends as well as legends of the future, and even to recall players long since forgotten.

I still think opportunities have been missed.  Hearing more often from Stephen Pearce for example or from our captain (before the return to training) would have been good.  I’m sure that Wayne secretly enjoyed lockdown and the absence of media intrusion into his life but he’s still found time to ‘write’ a Sunday Times article every week, and he’s had some interesting things to say. Maybe there was room to do more with the Academy and what they are doing to plan for next season or to hear from those behind the scenes like the groundsmen who have clearly been very busy, more about the food bank or even to hear an expansion of the planning that Liam Rosenior referred to about Max Bird’s return to the first team post Scunthorpe.

It feels to me that RamsTV has a really important part to play in the development of the club and its relationship with fans which, given the events of the last few months, needs to be continually nourished and nurtured.  PR outlets of all organisations, including football clubs, run the significant risk of becoming anodyne if all they do is spout a party line.  There’s a difficult balance between independent journalism and propaganda for in-house media. It will be great to see how RamsTV develops in the future and whether it can create for itself an even more interesting edge.