RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

• 3 weeks later...

May I say that @OwenB87 commentary was very good tonight.

Not afraid to leave pauses whilst the ball is in play. Mr Edworthy complements him well too.

Well done to both of you.

The studio seems a lot brighter too. I don’t know if it’s lit differently or my device was set too low last time.

I believe in giving praise as well as criticism.

Well done to the RamsTv team. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Not afraid to leave pauses whilst the ball is in play. Mr Edworthy complements him well too.

The studio seems a lot brighter too. I don’t know if it’s lit differently or my device was set too low last time.

<Cringe>

15 hours ago, Boycie said:

Cheers mate. Still very new to TV comms, it's a very different beast to radio.

2 hours ago, OwenB87 said:

Cheers mate. Still very new to TV comms, it's a very different beast to radio.

Could you remind Jack that TV comms are different to radio? ? 

I've really been enjoying RamsTV this season. Much improved from last season (which I also appreciated) in my opinion.

My only minor criticism (other than my mild issues with the regular commentary) has been with some of the camera work in the odd game. We occasionally cut to a camera that's fully zoomed in on an unfocused section of something, then sharply juts around until it re-finds the action.

Has happened rarely, but is quite jarring when it does ? 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Could you remind Jack that TV comms are different to radio? ? 

I've really been enjoying RamsTV this season. Much improved from last season (which I also appreciated) in my opinion.

My only minor criticism (other than my mild issues with the regular commentary) has been with some of the camera work in the odd game. We occasionally cut to a camera that's fully zoomed in on an unfocused section of something, then sharply juts around until it re-finds the action.

Has happened rarely, but is quite jarring when it does ? 

Out of interest, what would you say has improved?

Yeah, it’s not perfect every time, unfortunately. I’ve noticed it too when I’ve been on comms particularly. 

1 minute ago, OwenB87 said:

Out of interest, what would you say has improved?

Yeah, it’s not perfect every time, unfortunately. I’ve noticed it too when I’ve been on comms particularly. 

The stability, for one. I used to lose at least 10 minutes of every game last season (although saying that, it's been broken for me for 10 minutes as of right now).

The image quality has improved as well. Motion blur was terrible last season as the camera tracked the play, although it can still be improved.

Mixing up the commentary teams from time to time has improved by personal perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say that I was lot happier with the commentary for the QPR game. They seemed to get the balance for speech right and it fitted with the game on the screen better. More please!  (ps it wasn't Jack doing it. he still does radio commentary). Picture staying more stable too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if this really goes here but the EFL have released some figures for the streaming. Very popular abroad by the looks of it. Derby must be one of the 11 doing their own show. Will Derby ever show any figures for this? and is it is a revenue stream? I suppose it doesn’t help having quite a few games live on sky. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45894676

I can’t believe the most popular game attracted 2500 people.

15 hours ago, Gritters said:

I am not sure if this really goes here but the EFL have released some figures for the streaming. Very popular abroad by the looks of it. Derby must be one of the 11 doing their own show. Will Derby ever show any figures for this? and is it is a revenue stream? I suppose it doesn’t help having quite a few games live on sky. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45894676

I can’t believe the most popular game attracted 2500 people.

as in you cant believe 2500 paid for the service? 

i think even if derby only break even on the subs alone (which i doubt if im honest), it is worth the while because you keep people engaged in the club and open up the potential for revenue from other sales.

I got kicked off the stream a few times today on my iPad on the app, with a message saying my account had been blocked. It's happened a few times before, but usually only in the pre-match build up. It was a bit annoying at the time with a couple of minutes to go and Sheffield on the attack, but I couldn't have cared a duck about it once the final whistle went ?