Sunderland v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

2 hours ago, Popular side said:

The Sunderland game just reminded me of so many performances last season. The problem is midfield. With no width Butterfield and Johnson get easily cancelled out, hence Toms role of playing over the top which again is easy to play against unless it's done on the break.

The chink of light came late in the second half . Huddlestone and wisdom bringing the ball forward between them, drew sunderlands midfield , freeing up Johnson and Butterfeild, with vydra working the spaces. I know Sunderland began to tire but Derby did start to overrun them 

Good as he is though, I still feel a little nervous when Wisdom is on the ball in a defensive position. I've said before, he seems to get himself into trouble but is usually strong enough to dig his way out.

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Good as he is though, I still feel a little nervous when Wisdom is on the ball in a defensive position. I've said before, he seems to get himself into trouble but is usually strong enough to dig his way out.

I hope Wisdom can be a success, as he was in his previous spell at the club. Seems like the right back position attracts a fair amount of criticism. Christie got a lot of stick (unjustifiably in my opinion) and Baird has his critics. 

31 minutes ago, europia said:

I hope Wisdom can be a success, as he was in his previous spell at the club. Seems like the right back position attracts a fair amount of criticism. Christie got a lot of stick (unjustifiably in my opinion) and Baird has his critics. 

Christie seemed to get a couple of mentions on the fl show for decent pieces of play.....

Don't know if anybody else thought this on Friday night but... How much of a W*nker is James Vaughan? 

One of the most mardy footballers out there and some of his theatrics to try to con the ref were rather embarrassing. That tackle on Keogh too was worse than Pedro's red card yesterday so i think he was a lucky boy to only get a yellow. 

9 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

Don't know if anybody else thought this on Friday night but... How much of a W*nker is James Vaughan? 

One of the most mardy footballers out there and some of his theatrics to try to con the ref were rather embarrassing. That tackle on Keogh too was worse than Pedro's red card yesterday so i think he was a lucky boy to only get a yellow. 

Me too ,probably because he looks like Stan Collymore.

On 05/08/2017 at 11:27, Norman said:

I'm guessing its just the loud minority spouting off?

We got 7 wins and 5 draws away from home last season. Let that sink in. That's why we werent in the playoffs. 

We scored 21 away goals. 

If you don't think last night was an improvement in most of the away performances last season, then I give up.

It reminded me of Leeds away last year. Pressure, crosses, corners, an by the time they tired we were 2-0 down and out the game.

We lost 1-0 to Leeds last year

9 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He is a good player despite what you might read on here.

Yes I agree, decent player with more to come. Not surprised when he left and hopefully he will be appreciated by Boro fans. 

Archived