Piece of material that's more important to the fans

Day

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, curtains said:

Good point .

I can't answer that but his form was very good when we went to top of the league at Xmas under Clement. 

Well what do you think is the more likely answer? He wasn't wearing a piece of elastic around his arm or we had a better, more consistent team around him?

Just now, rynny said:

Well what do you think is the more likely answer? He wasn't wearing a piece of elastic around his arm or we had a better, more consistent team around him?

I believe it could be a bit of both but Keogh was playing very well when Clement relieved him of the Captaincy.

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why do you say that you have no proof of that and it's a known fact that Keogh

s form was great at that time before it all went wrong for Clement at Derby 

You have no "proof" for your theory either.

Keogh's performances have been consistently good throughout most of his 4+ years at the club, most of the time he's been wearing the armband.

That's "proof" enough for me mate.

13 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

You have no "proof" for your theory either.

Keogh's performances have been consistently good throughout most of his 4+ years at the club, most of the time he's been wearing the armband.

That's "proof" enough for me mate.

Are you his agent. 

Keogh has his detractors as well.  

From memory Keogh had Whitbread, Shotton, Forsyth, Albentosa and Buxton as partners before Clement took over.

His "protection" came from Omar Mascarell who chased the ball like a dog leaving huge gaping holes.

To his right was the thickest version of Cyrus we ever saw. I don't remember the game but I remember the moment (hopefully someone can recall the opponent at PP). Cyrus dawdled on the ball, got caught in possession, managed to win it back and then fell asleep on the fecker again!! Keogh did get some blame which was amazing considering Cyrus orchestrated the whole disaster on his own. 

That's the level of panic and chaos we had in our defence. Keogh was bad. He was all over the place. But he had idiotic players all around him. Forsyth lost the plot too.

Remember Brentford at home? 1-1 robbery performed by Bent. Albentosa got injured (which looked fake imo) and Forsyth went CB. Forsyth stepped in and had the worst game I've ever seen. 

Even Grant was out of form.

Clement stepped into chaos. He fixed it pretty good. I don't think it was to do with an armband though.

Keogh had it last season and he had a good season. In fact of all his partners of the last few years which one hasn't been the weakest CB? 

I'm refusing to go on an armband rant. Gets me every time. I'll just ask every one to think back to their time playing sports and how they felt about captaincy. Because it takes more than an armband to gain my respect and I doubt I'm alone.

It is a piece of material when managers choose who wears it. Dinosaur stuff IMO.

Let the players vote and it's a very different. Then it becomes a piece of democracy who the players want to represent themselves. And that's off-field, it really doesn't matter on it. Everyone can see who the leaders there are.

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

From memory Keogh had Whitbread, Shotton, Forsyth, Albentosa and Buxton as partners before Clement took over.

His "protection" came from Omar Mascarell who chased the ball like a dog leaving huge gaping holes.

To his right was the thickest version of Cyrus we ever saw. I don't remember the game but I remember the moment (hopefully someone can recall the opponent at PP). Cyrus dawdled on the ball, got caught in possession, managed to win it back and then fell asleep on the fecker again!! Keogh did get some blame which was amazing considering Cyrus orchestrated the whole disaster on his own. 

That's the level of panic and chaos we had in our defence. Keogh was bad. He was all over the place. But he had idiotic players all around him. Forsyth lost the plot too.

Remember Brentford at home? 1-1 robbery performed by Bent. Albentosa got injured (which looked fake imo) and Forsyth went CB. Forsyth stepped in and had the worst game I've ever seen. 

Even Grant was out of form.

Clement stepped into chaos. He fixed it pretty good. I don't think it was to do with an armband though.

Keogh had it last season and he had a good season. In fact of all his partners of the last few years which one hasn't been the weakest CB? 

I'm refusing to go on an armband rant. Gets me every time. I'll just ask every one to think back to their time playing sports and how they felt about captaincy. Because it takes more than an armband to gain my respect and I doubt I'm alone.

Classic Cyrus. It was against Watford. It was Vydra that took the ball off him to start with and Vydra that scored the goal.

5 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

That is some memory you've got, well done sir!

Remember the game well, Bent should have had 3 or 4 goals, fluffed 2 one on ones, and 2 chances you would expect Bent to score from corners. Mac playing a clearly not fit Thorne, Martin returning, playing just behind Bent in a 4-2-3-1 and with his first touch setting Bent up for one of the aforementioned one on ones.

Keogh confirmed as captain for the season. Gary expects Davies, Huddlestone and Martin to lead on the pitch as well. Sounds like Davies is vice captain.

On another note, let's play Matej with Martin up top and try and get him back to the striker he was a Watford. We complain about not having pace up top and needing something different...let's get him in there! COYR!

On 29/07/2017 at 09:37, rynny said:

Classic Cyrus. It was against Watford. It was Vydra that took the ball off him to start with and Vydra that scored the goal.

Watford's second goal was so avoidable if Shotton, or Hughes for that matter had showed a bit more desire to block the ball to Ighalo. 

The end of that season still makes me feel sick. 

Archived