Ryan Kent - Signed for Bristol City on loan

Animal is a Ram

3 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

There is no point in signing him if were penalised every time GR does not pick him whether he was good, bad or indifferent.

We would be being held to ransom not something Mel or GR would agree to.

We did it seemed with tom Carrol who not good enough for selection at that time

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Russell is playing well at the minute and his all round game is very important to how we're playing. He always does his defensive shift, he can beat his man, he can hold the ball and make players commit, sometimes his final ball isnt the best but..... we dont need to slag one player off just to praise another do we now. 

Well said, and to add he is our equal highest goal scoring midfielder at this point and the most likely player to earn dangerous free kicks and penalties after Vydra 

56 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

When has Nixon ever been right 

Frequently 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If Liverpool were insisting on his loan club paying penalty fees if he didn't play then I am glad we didn't sign him. The last thing we need is that in the back of Rowetts mind when trying to balance the squad to see us over the line. 

I fully agree, our biggest problem is upsetting the apple cart where every player has a fair chance of playing dependant on form and ability some excellent examples are Baird wieman Russell 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Thomas and Bennett ? Unless they have departed.

Sparkle sorry Thomas great talent but not ready yet physically   Bennett how many chances does he need been out on loan to four clubs without doing anything  Maybe the penny has finally dropped with him I really hope so But from his under23 appearances I've seen recently I'm not sure 

I’m not sure I’d want us to have a clause like that with a youth product out on loan, sometimes it’s much better to ease them in than chuck them straight in at the deep end with a whole new setup/team.

If you’ve got the faith in him being good enough to start the majority of games, you’d surely have the faith in him to win his place in the team without a clause?

Liverpool are well within their rights to want him to go out and play though, if the club agrees that’s fine. I think he’s a decent player but I’d rather miss out on him than be stuck playing him all season, regardless of form/gameplan.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

I’m not sure I’d want us to have a clause like that with a youth product out on loan, sometimes it’s much better to ease them in than chuck them straight in at the deep end with a whole new setup/team.

If you’ve got the faith in him being good enough to start the majority of games, you’d surely have the faith in him to win his place in the team without a clause?

Liverpool are well within their rights to want him to go out and play though, if the club agrees that’s fine. I think he’s a decent player but I’d rather miss out on him than be stuck playing him all season, regardless of form/gameplan.

Having to fight for his place should be one of the valuable experiences gained from the loan of a young player.

Archived