Ryan Kent - Signed for Bristol City on loan

Animal is a Ram

5 minutes ago, rustylee said:

I think that Thomas is unlucky not to be ahead of Bennett in the pecking order from what I’ve seen of the under 23

To be honest I would go a step further and say that Thomas has been unlucky not to be ahead of Russell given how he has been playing for the under 23's. 

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Nowhere near strong enough at the moment. Has potential but is miles below Russell. The difference between U23 & first team is HUGE!

Miles below Russell? His pace, dribbling and finishing miles ahead of Russell's :)

Just now, SilentRam said:

Miles below Russell? His pace, dribbling and finishing miles ahead of Russell's :)

Russell is playing well at the minute and his all round game is very important to how we're playing. He always does his defensive shift, he can beat his man, he can hold the ball and make players commit, sometimes his final ball isnt the best but..... we dont need to slag one player off just to praise another do we now. 

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Nowhere near strong enough at the moment. Has potential but is miles below Russell. The difference between U23 & first team is HUGE!

You’re wrong. Let him play and you’ll see. Magical player. Alongside Vydra and Thorne arguably the best natural footballer we’ve got at the club.

If it’s strength and power you want then few attacking players come stronger than Offrande Zanzala. Johnny is serviceable but he’s very inconsistent and fairly lightweight. Wins penalties though and pops up with goals.

I'd be absolutely delighted if we managed to get Kent on loan. There are no guarantees in football but if we got Woods and him or Maddison then that would almost guarantee automatic promotion.

I had the pleasure of watching Liverpool v Bayern Munich in pre season and Kent was absolutely outstanding. He was so quick, could use both feet and had excellent control when dribbling. I wouldn't worry about his lack of success in Germany because the Bundesliga is a very difficult league, especially for newcomers and combined with his homesickness.

I know people are sceptical about getting players in January but Kent would be a genuine improvement over what we have got and someone we would need as teams will be more defensive against us in the second half of the season and we will need to break them down

Good signing for Bristol. 

I just don't see how he warrants a regular first team spot without proving it. 

I hope, for our sake now, that he strolls in flops and has to play or Bristol incur massive costs. I guess you can't blame Liverpool, but I hope we don't look to sign any of their players (on loan) any time soon. 

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Spot on yes he's a talent but not ready physically yet  To early can finish a young player 

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'd be absolutely delighted if we managed to get Kent on loan. There are no guarantees in football but if we got Woods and him or Maddison then that would almost guarantee automatic promotion.

I had the pleasure of watching Liverpool v Bayern Munich in pre season and Kent was absolutely outstanding. He was so quick, could use both feet and had excellent control when dribbling. I wouldn't worry about his lack of success in Germany because the Bundesliga is a very difficult league, especially for newcomers and combined with his homesickness.

I know people are sceptical about getting players in January but Kent would be a genuine improvement over what we have got and someone we would need as teams will be more defensive against us in the second half of the season and we will need to break them down

Mac  I watched him in the Bayern match he was brilliant against very good defenders The lad is fast two footed great dribble absolutely nothing not to like about him He's exactly the type we need for the way we play on the break He is a far better wider player than the ones we have including Lawrence 

Archived