Ryan Kent - Signed for Bristol City on loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Waffle said:

I’d like to point out at this moment that I suggested him in the suggestion thread the day he returned from Freiburg. You can all thank me later :p

I’d like to point out that I suggested him before he went to Freiburg. ?

8 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Russell or Weimann,he’s a proper winger and not a striker being forced to play wide.

Sure but whoever plays the wide role is also responsible for helping the full backs.

I get the impression Kent is not so strong when his team is not in possession. 

That's probably why he is seen by other clubs as a sub rather than a starter.

36 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Sure but whoever plays the wide role is also responsible for helping the full backs.

I get the impression Kent is not so strong when his team is not in possession. 

That's probably why he is seen by other clubs as a sub rather than a starter.

I think you’re right on work when not in possession but Rowett is very good at getting players to work hard so I’d be confident of it working if we fetched him in.

Attacking wise I would place him above AW and JR on what I’ve seen(which is limited to Barnsley away).

46 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Tore us apart last season for Barnsley. That’s about my knowledge on him I’m afraid. 

I was there also and let’s remember Pearson had the likes of Butterfield playing left midfield and Blackman up front etc with everybody looking and playing like they didn’t understand or want to be there 

4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I think you’re right on work when not in possession but Rowett is very good at getting players to work hard so I’d be confident of it working if we fetched him in.

Attacking wise I would place him above AW and JR on what I’ve seen(which is limited to Barnsley away).

As above really we were beyond dreadful that day so it is not the best memory of players - a promising talent for Liverpool but he is not and will not be our player afterwards probably and why did he do so poorly this season in a lower league team in Germany 

46 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would like to point out that I suggested him when he was still in the womb......

I suggested him when you were still in the womb.

57 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I was there also and let’s remember Pearson had the likes of Butterfield playing left midfield and Blackman up front etc with everybody looking and playing like they didn’t understand or want to be there 

As above really we were beyond dreadful that day so it is not the best memory of players - a promising talent for Liverpool but he is not and will not be our player afterwards probably and why did he do so poorly this season in a lower league team in Germany 

Again very true and I did deliberately leave out the Pearsonesque Derby performance as it makes me want to go and sit in a corner rocking?

Would rather have Dembele from Grimsby we could afford to buy him then we wouldn't have to give him back at the end of the season. I'm not really a fan of loaning players now we have a decent academy we should be giving the likes of Thomas a go instead of developing other teams young ones.

2 hours ago, Ram79 said:

Would rather have Dembele from Grimsby we could afford to buy him then we wouldn't have to give him back at the end of the season. I'm not really a fan of loaning players now we have a decent academy we should be giving the likes of Thomas a go instead of developing other teams young ones.

Ram I think your going to have to get used to loans in this window According to Mel no permanents Yes I liked Dembele a real handful against us ( twice)

Nixon claiming we've cooled on Kent and Bristol City are looking at him, plus another Championship club. Again he stresses massive penalties if the lad doesn't play. I'm sure Bristol's alleged interest will send a lot of posters into a mad wrist-slashing frenzy, but I'd much rather we gave the opportunity to Thomas or Bennett than bring on Liverpool's youngsters. We compete with them in the Premier U23 division - why do we think our own youngsters aren't as good?

Archived