Ryan Kent - Signed for Bristol City on loan

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

They've developed some in the past. John Stones. Alfie Mawson. By all accounts he played there and developed well last season so I think Liverpool will take a proven method. I'm sure there will be other clubs sniffing. Loan fee involved too I suspect. Although you'd hope Liverpool would prioritise playing time, experience and development over a few hundred £k

they've just made a few quid!!

1 hour ago, irobinson said:

insane  - won't get much development there - see no point

Well he is returning from Germany because he was hardly selected for a lower standing team and as many have said when you take a loan from a premiership club they not only charge a high loan fee but they insist that the player is selected if fit which would have a negative impact on competition within our squad in my opinion 

From Nixon's Twitter:

Mawgen hogg‏ @MawgenH 11h11 hours ago

Derby interested in Ryan Kent at all Alan ?

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko

Replying to @MawgenH

Not sure if he’s first choice target. And there’s a huge penalty if he doesn’t play.

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

From Nixon's Twitter:

Replying to @MawgenH

Not sure if he’s first choice target. And there’s a huge penalty if he doesn’t play.

Hey that's me :) 

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

From Nixon's Twitter:

Replying to @MawgenH

Which highlights the problem with loans! - they cost far to much, can make team performance worse due to ability/inexperience/ squad harmony.

we have one loan player who is doing well in winnall which was balanced in our favour with Butterfield being swapped

Don’t want any player that is expected to be given a first team regular game regardless of his or other players form , for me a big part of the rowett revival is stamping that out 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

An American website claims we're favourites to sign him imminently:

http://futnsoccer.com/2018/01/10/liverpool-prospect-reportedly-set-to-join-championship-club-on-loan/

"Liverpool youngster Ryan Kent is on the brink of joining a Championship club on loan with the mystery side believed to be Derby County, according to reports."

Maybe @AmericanRam oiling the wheels to get him here?

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Any idea as to whether they're credible or not? Can't say I've ever seen/used this source before.

Not a clue, sorry. Was surprised to come across it.

I think I posted recently that Nixon claims there are heavy penalties for anyone who takes him and doesn't play kent. He only managed something like 6 sub appearances all season for a middling Bundesliga side. He's meant to be a tricky winger but not great either passing or on the defensive side. Sounds disruptive to me and, Leon Osman excepted, I've never liked loans. But plenty on here obviously rate him and will be pleased if he comes. In which case I really really hope he's a lot better than Luke Thomas or I'd see this as a negative.

Far rather we poached Cameron Brannagan on a permanent deal from Liverpool instead, before he ends up at Oxford (£200k apparently).

Archived