Rams Memories 1960s and 70s

oldtimeram

I think it would be nostalgic to look back at some of our memories of the Rams during the 60s and 70s?

I will post a few memories, but I would like to open it up to you  guys to start the ball rolling.

All I will say is "Frankie Wignall LA LA LA!

That should get it going ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently realised my first ever football memory was coming in to listen to sports report at my Grans house in April 1976.

FA Cup Semi Final loss to Man U 2-0 Gordon Hill scored both - I still hated him when we signed him.

I cannot believe I was still a few months shy of 6 years old.

Got taken into the dressing room by my grandfather who from memory was one of the boot room team (he was in footwear). Was 1972 as he fell ill with cancer and died spring 1973.

Was really pokey but all the greats were in there getting ready. Toddy,  Roy mac,  kev, archie etc

Can't remember the match (was 8) but the smell of embrocation has stayed with me. 

He's here,he's there,he's asked us not to swear,John O'Hare,John O'Hare.

Ohhh,We're better than United and we're louder than the Kop,Kevin is the King and we'll soon be at the top.

You'll never take the Popside,you'll never take the Popside.

Tiptoe through the Trent End with a razor and a sawn off shotgun,tiptoe through the Trent End with me.

We don't envy the rich,with their Greaves and their Law,just give the ball to Kevin and he'll show you how to score .

19 minutes ago, ramblur said:

He's here,he's there,he's asked us not to swear,John O'Hare,John O'Hare.

Ohhh,We're better than United and we're louder than the Kop,Kevin is the King and we'll soon be at the top.

You'll never take the Popside,you'll never take the Popside.

Tiptoe through the Trent End with a razor and a sawn off shotgun,tiptoe through the Trent End with me.

We don't envy the rich,with their Greaves and their Law,just give the ball to Kevin and he'll show you how to score .

They bring back a few memories.

By the lights of the Baseball Ground..........

Willie Willie LA LA LA 

Alan, Alan Hinton ugh ugh

Iron Man...Iron Man (Dave Mackay)

Archived